Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration
Freezing temperatures are not common in the Cartersville, GA area, but they do occur on occasion. When temperatures do fall below freezing, there is always the risk for frozen pipes and sprinkler heads. As soon as the water within the pipe has frozen, it will expand, pushing on the inside until it bursts. Not only is the pipe destroyed, but water damage will spread throughout the property.
As soon as you have turned off the main water supply to cut off the source of the water, don’t hesitate to call our disaster restoration professionals.
Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration is available in Cartersville, GA and the surrounding areas to provide full water damage repair services from burst pipes and sprinkler heads for homes and businesses. Our technicians are available 24/7 to respond to your call and will be on their way to start the restoration process.
Frozen Pipes in Cartersville, GA
In many cases, frozen pipes will burst and send water in all directions throughout the property structure. The best step to prevent this from happening is ensuring that your pipes don’t freeze.
In the case that you do find a burst pipe or sprinkler head, hurry to turn off the main water supply line and call us for burst pipe water damage cleanup services.
Using professional equipment, Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration will efficiently and effectively extract all standing water from the area while removing excess moisture from the surrounding materials including wood, drywall, and furnishings. After finishing the extraction process, we will take steps to eliminate any mold growth on the property.
Preventing Frozen Pipes in Cartersville, GA
We aren’t able to prevent freezing temperatures, but we can prevent frozen pipes. Here are some prevention steps you can take:
- Turn off the exterior water supply line and bring your garden hoses inside.
- Pipes in unheated areas, like basements, crawlspaces, and attics, should be covered with electrical tape or insulation.
- Set up a space heater, if it is safe to do so, in unheated areas of the home to allow warm air to circulate around the pipes.
- Allow pipes under kitchen sinks to stay warm by opening the cabinets for proper airflow around the pipes.
- Turn on the faucets to allow just enough water to drip from the faucet to keep water moving in the pipes.
How to Thaw Frozen Pipes in Cartersville, GA
Some warning signs of frozen pipes include low water pressure and/or frosty pipes. To find and thaw out a frozen pipe, follow the steps listed below:
- Follow the pipeline connected to the faucet with low water pressure to find the frozen pipe.
- Find which part of the pipe is frozen.
- Look out for any bulges, frost, or ice on the pipe.
- Use a heat lamp or dryer to heat the pipe, refraining from using a blowtorch.
- Turn on the faucet connected to the frozen pipe, allowing it to trickle water.
When pipes burst, severe water damage will spread to the surrounding building materials in seconds. Be sure to take the steps listed above to prevent frozen pipes. If it has already happened, don’t hesitate to turn off the main water supply and call our water restoration professionals.
Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration is available 24/7 in (770) 525-1994 to provide complete water restoration services for burst pipes and sprinkler heads in Cartersville, GA and the surrounding areas.
Related Services for Frozen and Burst Pipes:
Burst Pipes Water Damage Restoration in Roswell, GA
Frozen Pipe Water Damage Restoration in Marietta, GA
Frozen Pipe Water Damage Restoration in Atlanta, GA
Burst Pipes And Sprinkler Head Water Damage Restoration in Alpharetta, GA
Burst Pipes Water Damage Restoration in Acworth, GA