Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration
Burst pipes and sprinkler heads are a constant threat during the colder months, even in the community of Roswell, GA. As long as temperatures fall below freezing, they have the potential to freeze the water within the pipes, causing the ice to expand and eventually burst the pipe. As soon as you notice a water disaster in your home or building caused by burst pipes, don’t hesitate to shut off the main water supply and contact your local restoration professionals.
Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration is available 24/7 in Roswell, GA and the surrounding areas to provide complete water damage restoration services after burst pipes and sprinkler heads. Our technicians are well equipped to respond immediately and completely remove all standing water while drying out the affected areas.
Finding Frozen Pipes and Sprinkler Heads in Roswell, GA
While frozen pipes and sprinkler heads don’t cause any immediate damage, they must be thawed immediately as they could burst at any moment. However, finding them can be difficult as many are hidden by walls and floors.
If the pipe has already burst, be quick to turn off the main water valve (most are located in the basement) and call for help right away. As soon as you call our disaster restoration professionals, we will be on our way with all equipment needed to restore your property structure.
Our technicians have years of experience in handling water damage, completely removing all excess water and setting up dehumidifiers in the proper positions to allow for efficient and effective drying.
Preventing Frozen Pipes in Roswell, GA
The first step to prevent water damage disasters during the winter is to prevent the pipes from freezing. You can follow these steps listed below:
- Turn on the water slightly to allow a few drips to come out of the faucet. This will keep the water running, making it more difficult for the pipe to freeze.
- Open all cabinets with water pipes inside to allow warm air to flow around the pipes and keep them warm.
- Turn off the exterior water supply pipes to prevent outside hoses and sprinkler heads from freezing.
- Insulate the water pipes in unheated areas, like the attic, crawlspace, or basement, with pipe insulation or electrical tape.
- Set up a heater in unheated parts of the home to keep the pipes warm.
What to Do When Finding Frozen Pipes in Roswell, GA
The first sign of a frozen pipe is when nothing comes out when you turn on the water. Be sure to inspect each pipe to find the part that is frozen and thaw it out to prevent a flooding disaster. Here are some steps on how to thaw frozen pipes:
- Remove the drywall covering the frozen pipe and thaw it out using a blow dryer or heater. Never use a blow torch to thaw a frozen pipe.
- Turn on the water to push the ice towards the faucet.
- Turn up the temperature in the home.
- Set up a heat lamp or heater next to a wall within the frozen pipe behind it to heat it up.
As long as freezing temperatures occur, there is always the risk for pipes to freeze. If at any time you find frozen pipes in your home or building, don’t hesitate to take action and thaw them out. If they burst, turn off the main water supply and call our water restoration professionals for emergency help.
Emergency Response Cleanup for Burst and Frozen Pipes in Roswell, GA
Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration is available 24/7 at (770) 679-2299 in Roswell, GA and the surrounding areas to provide complete water damage restoration from burst pipes and sprinkler heads.
Related services for frozen and burst pipes:
Frozen Pipe and Water Damage Restoration Services in Marietta, GA
Frozen and Burst Pipe Restoration Services in Atlanta, GA
Frozen and Burst Pipe Restoration Services in Alpharetta, GA
Burst Pipes Water Damage Restoration Services in Acworth, GA
Burst Pipes Water Damage Restoration Services in Cartersville, GA