Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration
With temperatures dropping well below freezing during the colder months, even in the southern community of Alpharetta, GA, the threat of frozen and burst pipes is haunting property owners. As the temperature decreases, the water within pipes freezes, causing them to expand and eventually burst. This disaster is enough to soil many building materials, causing thousands of dollars in damage.
As soon as you encounter a burst pipe or sprinkler head in your home or commercial building, don’t hesitate to contact Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration. Our disaster restoration professionals are available 24/7 to provide complete water damage restoration services from burst pipes in Alpharetta, GA and the surrounding areas. Our technicians are fully trained and experienced to respond immediately to these disasters and extract all water while restoring the affected areas to their original conditions.
Finding Frozen Pipes and Sprinkler Heads
Frozen pipes may not cause the disaster, but it doesn’t take long for them to burst, wreaking havoc on the surrounding building materials. As soon as you find a frozen pipe on your property, be sure to thaw it out right away. The hard part is finding them in the first place because most of the water pipes are hidden behind walls and floors.
If the pipe has already burst, don’t hesitate to turn off the main water supply to the property by switching off the main shutoff valve (most are found in the basement). Then call your local restoration professionals. When contacting Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration, we will be on our way to your property with advanced drying equipment needed to extract all standing water and moisture from the affected area. This allows for an efficient and effective drying process.
If the water damage is extensive, you may need to also call for water damage restoration services.
Preventing Frozen Pipes
The best way to prevent burst pipes is to keep them from freezing. Be sure to follow these steps listed below:
- Turn on the water just enough to allow the faucet to drip, keeping the water flowing through the pipe.
- Open all cabinets with water pipes to allow warm air to circulate around the pipe.
- Insulate all pipes in unheated areas, such as the attic, basement, and crawlspace, with electrical tape or pipe insulators.
- Set up a heater in unheated parts of the home to keep them warm.
- Turn off the exterior water supply line to prevent water from freezing in hoses and sprinklers.
Finding Frozen Pipes: What to Do
Most frozen pipes can be found by simply turning on the water faucet and noticing that nothing comes out. Follow the pipe to the frozen area and follow the steps below:
- Remove the drywall covering the frozen pipe and use a blow dryer to thaw the frozen pipe. Never use a blowtorch as it’s a dangerous fire hazard.
- Turn up the thermostat in your home or building.
- Set up a space heater or heat lamp next to a wall covering the frozen pipe to heat up the area behind the wall.
- Turn on the water in the frozen pipe to push the ice towards the faucet.
It’s not common for temperatures to reach below freezing in the southern states, but they do on occasion during the colder months, threatening frozen pipes that can burst. As soon as you find a frozen pipe, be sure to follow the steps listed above to thaw it out before it bursts. If it’s too late and the pipe has already burst, be quick to turn off the main water supply and call our restoration professionals for emergency assistance.
Burst Pipes and Frozen Pipes Repair in Alpharetta, GA
For 24/7 restoration and repair of damage suffered from burst pipes or frozen pipes in Alpharetta, GA and the surrounding areas, contact Duraclean Cleaning and Restoration at (770) 679-2299.
Related services for frozen and burst pipes:
Frozen Pipe and Water Damage Restoration Services in Marietta, GA
Frozen and Burst Pipe Restoration Services in Atlanta, GA
Frozen and Burst Pipe Restoration Services in Roswell, GA
Burst Pipes Water Damage Restoration Services in Acworth, GA
Burst Pipes Water Damage Restoration Services in Cartersville, GA