A lot of Americans struggle with the mental disorder of hoarding. People who are affected often feel isolated and embarrassed by their problem, making them reluctant to seek professional help. Generally, they need a loved one they trust to help them realize the dangers of hoarding.
Serving Germantown, MD, RestorationMaster cleans and restores homes affected by hoarding through the hoarding cleanup services we provide. Our technicians are well experienced and provide services in a compassionate manner. As such, you can trust that we will provide the best services. We will work directly with the affected individual and perform our work with patience and respect. Additionally, the affected individual takes the lead on what contents to remove.
Risks Associated with Hoarding
A cluttered home might be what you see when someone is affected by a hoarding disorder, but what you don’t see is the severe anxiety the individual struggles with. The anxiety manifests as hoarding: an inability to part with items. The hoarded items can include valued contents like antiques, common items like magazines, or worthless things like trash. As these belongings pile up, the number of hazards increases. The items will block access to exits and they are a major fire hazard.
Speak with your loved one right away if they struggle with hoarding. Discuss the situation and emphasize the dangers it presents to help convince them to get help. Once the affected individual has agreed to professional help, call for the hoarding cleaning services that RestorationMaster offers.
Professional Deep Cleaning
After you reach out to us for help from our hoarding cleaning services, our technicians will come to the home to do an inspection and provide a free estimate. Our technicians will then develop a relationship with the affected person to ensure they are comfortable with us.
The cleaning process will be led by the affected individual so that only approved items are removed. Following item removal, our technicians clean the home by removing biohazards, mold, dirt, and stains. Then we disinfect the residence to restore it to a healthy living space and eliminate any lingering odors.
Within our hoarding cleaning services, the following procedures are included:
- Respectful and compassionate work: With well-trained and experienced technicians, our hoarding cleaning services will be provided in a respectful and compassionate manner. Only approved items will be removed, because the affected individual is in charge.
- Unnecessary item removal: The items that have been approved for removal are sorted by value. Then, our technicians give their input on what to get rid of. Items that are unwanted are placed into a trash container.
- Decontamination: We will get rid of bacteria, biohazard materials, and mold in addition to sanitizing the home. These actions guarantee the home is safe to live in again.
- Odor removal: To ensure clean breathing air, our technicians will eliminate odors that were left behind by biohazard materials, mold, and cigarettes.
- Working with insurance: We will work with the affected individual’s insurance company to make the claims process easier.
- Review: To ensure the home stays in a clean state, our technicians will set up checkup appointments. We are also able to conduct extra scheduled cleanings if needed.
Respectful Approach to Hoarding Cleaning
While getting rid of items and cleaning the home are important aspects of hoarding cleaning services, it’s just as important that the affected individual feels comfortable throughout the process. Their comfort is key to having a successful cleaning process. To do this, they need to be treated with compassion and respect.
Contact Us for a Free Estimate
Call (301) 381-2304 to get a free estimate for the professional hoarding cleanup services that RestorationMaster provides in Germantown, MD.