Compared to other furnishings, a home or business’s carpeting and upholstery undergo extensive use, causing them to become dirty and worn out quicker. When this happens, the dirty carpeting and/or upholstery diminish the appearance and appeal of the home or office. With our professional carpet and upholstery cleaning services in Germantown, MD, ServiceMaster Restoration of Montgomery, Frederick, Howard & Washington Counties can help. We have 50 years of experience within the carpet cleaning industry so you can trust us to provide exceptional service that satisfies your needs.
Carpet Cleaning Services in Germantown, MD
Generally speaking, you should have your carpeting and upholstery cleaned by a professional every six months to a year — at the least. At ServiceMaster Restoration of Montgomery, Frederick, Howard & Washington Counties, our staff has the necessary knowledge and equipment to eliminate dirt and debris from carpeting and upholstery. This not only cleans such furnishings, but it also increases their lifespan. The following are typically included within our scheduled cleanings:
- Conducting a pre-inspection to determine soil conditions
- Loosening the carpet fibers with a specially-designed rake
- When necessary, vacuuming the carpet
- When necessary, replacing and moving the furniture
- Pre-treating stains and other spots
- Loosening soil by pre-applying cleaning solution
- Rinsing with clear water and extracting soil, solutions, and rinse water
- When necessary, re-treating stains and other spots
- Aligning the carpet fibers to ensure an even appearance
- If requested to do so, applying fiber protection
The most effective method for carpet and upholstery cleaning is the truck-mounted cleaning method. In this method, hot water comes from a hose that goes from the truck to the applicator, and the hot water accompanies the cleaning solution when applied. Built-in water softener cleaning and hot water extraction, which use a solution-free detergent, can be conducted with the truck-mounted cleaning system. Additionally, water and detergent can be extracted from the carpet and then into a tank on the truck by using the applicator in a truck-mounted system.
Upholstery Cleaning Services in Germantown, MD
To maintain the appearance of furniture and upholstery and keep them in good condition, these materials need to be cleaned by a professional. At ServiceMaster Restoration of Montgomery, Frederick, Howard & Washington Counties, we provide professional upholstery cleaning services in Germantown, MD. The following steps are included within our upholstery cleaning procedure:
- Pre-Inspection: Our staff will groom the parts of the furniture that see body contact. Then, we use a high-powered vacuum to get rid of loose soil and other dirt. Afterwards, we then pre-treat the furniture for any stains and spots.
- Cleaning Steps: Our staff will pre-spray the body contact areas, quickening the soil release. Then, we use our high performance extraction equipment to rinse off the pre-spray and to extract the detergent and dirt.
- Post-Cleaning Steps: Our staff will get rid of any excess moisture and residue by using absorption pads. Then, if needed, we clean and polish trim, post-treat any stains and spots, and have the fabric groomed for proper drying.
- Specialty Cleaning: Our staff can do specialty cleaning for materials that are delicate and/or valuable. Some examples of materials cleaned through our specialty cleaning services are custom-made area rugs, oriental rugs, and suede and leather upholstery.
If you need professional carpet and upholstery cleaning services in Germantown, MD, then ServiceMaster Restoration of Montgomery, Frederick, Howard & Washington Counties can help you out. We can be reached at 301-605-9440 on a 24/7/365 basis.