It is difficult for homes and businesses to completely avoid water damage because there are so many ways that it can occur. Weather conditions like rain and flooding are a major cause of water damage and it can also happen from within a property due to leaks, faulty plumbing, appliance issues, burst pipes, and more. No matter the cause or the amount of water involved, water damage requires immediate attention because water can spread through porous materials and furnishings and cause significant damage to these materials as it spreads. There is also a high possibility of mold growth in areas affected by water damage.
RestorationMaster provides complete water damage restoration services in Colton, CA to restore affected homes and businesses. Using advanced water extraction and drying equipment, our technicians will remove all water and moisture from the property and address the resulting damage. We can also remove mold growth if necessary.
Problems with Water and Flooding
Whenever water damage occurs, there is always a chance of major damage and mold growth. Many building materials and furnishings found in homes and buildings such as wood, drywall, carpeting, flooring, and insulation are porous. This means that water can easily spread through these materials, so even water from a minor leak can spread through the surrounding drywall and eventually cause major damage. The porous materials that take on the water may weaken, warp, and buckle and for materials like wood and drywall, there is a risk of structural damage.
The other major problem that occurs with flooding and water damage is the appearance of mold. Mold spores thrive in moist conditions which is why mold can appear between 24 and 48 hours after water damage occurs. The presence of mold will not only add to the damage, but also create a hazardous environment as those exposed to mold can suffer allergic reactions and other negative health effects.
Water Damage Cleanup and Restoration Process
Our technicians are trained and certified to provide effective water damage restoration services whether dealing with standing flood water or the effects of a leak. We use advanced water extraction equipment to remove standing water and our drying and dehumidification process will extract moisture from wet materials. We will also repair the damage caused by the water or flooding to restore your property to its original state.
Our water damage mitigation process consists of this three-phase approach:
- Phase 1 – Emergency Response: We can answer your call 24 hours a day to respond to water damage emergencies and we will arrive in 2 to 4 hours to start the restoration process.
- Phase 2 – Water Extraction and Drying: We can remove any amount of water, including flood water, with our advanced water extraction equipment and we will set up dryers and dehumidifiers to dry the affected areas and materials.
- Phase 3 – Reconstruction and Cleaning: After the water is removed and the drying is done, we will repair damage to the structural materials and furnishings. We will also clean and disinfect the affected areas.
Commercial Water Damage
When water damage occurs in commercial settings, the scale of the damage can be large and there is a sense of urgency to restore the damage and minimize the interruption to the business. Our technicians can provide effective water damage restoration for any type of emergency in commercial settings. We will work diligently to complete the restoration and get your business back on track as quickly as possible.
How to Respond to Water Damage
It is important to know what to do if water damage becomes a problem in your home or business as certain actions can make the damage worse. The following are things you should do after water damage occurs:
- Call a water damage restoration professional to limit the damage and start the restoration
- Open windows and doors to improve circulation if the weather permits
- Blot dry and mop to remove excess water
- Prop up and wipe down wet cushions
- Put aluminum foil under furniture legs to protect the flooring
- Remove non-permanent rugs and other floor coverings
- Move vulnerable objects like pictures, artwork, and important documents to a safe place
- Put drapes through a coat hanger and put the hanger on the rod to keep the drapes off the floor
- Keep books packed together on their shelves until they can be treated with a specialized restoration process
The following are things you should not do in the aftermath of water damage:
- Do not enter a room with standing water
- Do not try to remove permanent flooring, including carpeting
- Do not try to remove water with a regular vacuum cleaner
- Do not use electrical appliances or light fixtures until they have been inspected and deemed safe
- Do not try to remove mold
Contact RestorationMaster for Water Damage Restoration
It is important to react to water damage and flooding immediately to help limit the damage and restore your property. If your home or business is affected by water damage, call our professionals at RestorationMaster to help.
You can call us 24 hours a day at (888) 915-7197 for water damage restoration in Colton, CA.
Related Water Damage Restoration Services:
- Water Damage Restoration in Pasadena, CA
- Flood Damage Cleanup in Glendale, CA
- Residential & Commercial Water Damage Repair in Los Angeles County, CA
- Flood Cleanup and Restoration in Montclair, CA
- Professional Water Damage Restoration in Indio, CA
- Water Damage Cleanup Services in Azusa, CA
- Emergency Water Response in Colton, CA
- Flood Damage Restoration in Chino, CA
- Water Damage Response in Cathedral City, CA
- Water Damage Cleanup in Perris, CA
- Water Extraction and Drying in Palm Springs, CA