A fire can overtake a home in an instant and cause severe damage, possibly leaving the home dangerous and unstable. If a fire should strike your home or business in Wayzata, MN, contact RestorationMaster immediately for fire damage restoration and cleanup. With these services, we can salvage property and personal items that have been damaged by smoke or fire.
The staff of RestorationMaster is highly trained to provide fire clean up and restoration services with an expertise in chemical combinations that can effectively remove soot and smoke damage from many surfaces and furnishings. With this expertise, we can safely remove soot from at-risk surfaces such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, porcelain, and fabrics such as carpets and upholstery.
What to do after smoke and fire damage
- Immediately call us to help limit and contain the damage because corrosive byproducts can cause permanent etching within 72 hours.
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, air out your home to eliminate the smoke odor.
- Clean Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum surfaces to prevent permanent etching.
- Change the air filter on furnaces that use forced hot air.
- Filter loose soot from the air by putting a damp cheesecloth over all returns and supply registers.
- Dispose of open food containers.
- If you lose electricity, thoroughly clean out the refrigerator and prop open the doors.
- Smoke damaged clothing can be salvaged with our restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to do after smoke and fire damage
- Do not touch surfaces with soot damage because oils from your hands can cause additional damage to walls, woodwork, and upholstery.
- Do not wash the walls because using the wrong methods can make soot residue worse.
- Do not clean carpets or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they have been checked.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures with a wet ceiling.
Our trained staff uses only the latest cleaning products and state-of-the-art equipment to provide quality fire damage restoration and clean up services.
Our five-step fire restoration process includes:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
If your home or business in Wayzata, MN has sustained damage in a fire, contact RestorationMaster immediately to limit the damage. We can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 888-583-5345 for emergency fire damage restoration services.