When a fire strikes your property, make RestorationMaster your first response team for cleaning up smoke, fire, and water damage to your home or business.
The professionals of RestorationMaster, in the Mendota Heights, MN area, are experts in understanding the chemical combinations that can effectively clean and salvage belongings. We can even remove soot from at-risk items such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, tile, and porcelain as well as fabrics in upholstery and carpets, thus helping to avoid additional expenses.
What To Do After Smoke or Fire Damage:
Corrosive byproducts can cause irreversible etching in as few as 72 hours. Call us for professional help.
If the temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
Clean Formica, chrome, porcelain and aluminum fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing or etching.
Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
Tape a damp cheesecloth over returns and supply registers to capture loose soot in the air.
Discard any open food packages.
If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave the doors propped open.
Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to our qualified restoration dry cleaner.
What NOT To Do After Smoke and Fire Damage:
Do not touch anything. Oil from your hands can permeate upholstery, walls, and woodwork, causing additional damage.
Do not wash walls. Incorrect cleaning could compound soot residue.
Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture.
Do not use electrical appliances until having them checked.
Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
We use the latest equipment and supplies in our five-step fire and smoke restoration process:
Wall and ceiling cleaning
Smoke Damage and Odor Removal
Much of the damage from a fire is actually caused by the smoke, soot, and other corrosive byproducts left behind. The heat from the flames causes chemical reactions that create soot and oily residue that will settle throughout the property after the fire is out. These corrosive byproducts settle on objects and surfaces and cause tarnishing and etching that can become permanent within 72 hours. Our technicians will immediately treat objects and surfaces affected by soot and remove the damage with our powerful chemical cleaners.
Smoke odors can also be a problem long after the fire is out as the odors get absorbed in porous building materials like wood and drywall as well as furnishings like drapes and upholstery. We can effectively remove smoke odors at their source with advanced deodorization techniques including ozone treatments and hydroxyl technology.
Call us or use the form on the right to request a quote for RestorationMaster fire damage cleanup services in the Mendota Heights, MN area.
Related Fire and Smoke Damage Cleanup Services:
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Edina, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Richfield, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in St. Paul, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Roseville, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Fridley, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Shoreview, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Brooklyn Park, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Medina, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Minneapolis, MN
- Fire Damage Restoration in Bloomington, MN
- Smoke Damage Restoration in Cambridge, MN
- Fire Damage Cleanup in Eden Prairie, MN
- Smoke Damage and Odor Removal in Hutchinson, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Maple Grove, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Marshall, MN