Fires can cause extensive damage to a property and if the proper actions are not taken after the fire is put out, fire and smoke damage can become permanent. RestorationMaster provides fire damage restoration and smoke damage repair services to homes and businesses in Shoreview, MN and the surrounding areas such as Apple Valley and Shakopee. These services help mitigate the damage and effectively salvage furnishings and personal items that have been affected by smoke or fire.
The staff of RestorationMaster has the training and experience necessary to provide effective smoke and fire damage repair with an expert knowledge of chemical combinations that can remove soot and smoke damage. This knowledge allows us to clean up soot from at-risk surfaces that include aluminum, chrome, brass, tile, porcelain, and marble as well as carpet and upholstery.
What to do after smoke and fire damage
- Immediately call RestorationMaster for fire damage restoration because corrosive byproducts can cause permanent damage within just a few days.
- If the temperature is over 60 degrees, air out your home to eliminate smoke and odor.
- Clean Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum surfaces to avoid permanent tarnishing or etching.
- Change the filter on furnaces that use forced hot air.
- Tape damp cheesecloths over each return and supply register to capture loose soot from the air.
- Discard open food packages.
- Clean out your refrigerator if the power goes out.
- Clothing that has sustained smoke damage can be treated with our restoration dry cleaning service.
What NOT to do after smoke and fire damage
- Do not touch soot or smoke damaged surfaces because your hand oils can cause further damage to walls, woodwork, and upholstery.
- Do not wash walls yourself because improper cleaning methods will compound soot and smoke residue.
- Do not clean carpets or upholstery yourself.
- Do not use electrical appliances unless they have been checked.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling or fixture is wet.
Our staff uses only the most advanced cleaning products and equipment available to provide the most effective fire damage restoration and smoke damage repair services. Our five-step fire and smoke damage repair process includes:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
If a fire has caused damage to your home or business in Shoreview, MN, contact RestorationMaster right away for fire damage restoration. We can be reached 24 hours a day at (763) 301-5000 to respond to fire and smoke damage repair needs in Shoreview as well as Apple Valley and Shakopee, MN.
Related Fire Damage Restoration Services:
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Richfield, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Mendota Heights, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in St. Paul, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Roseville, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Fridley, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Edina, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Brooklyn Park, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Medina, MN
- Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration in Minneapolis, MN