When looking at a hoarder’s home, many people don’t think about the mental issues that the affected individual is facing. They may simply assume that the individual is lazy or neglectful and that the home needs to be cleaned. But the reality is that the hoarder is battling either anxiety or depression and they have developed an emotional attachment to their belongings. This attachment makes it very difficult for the affected individual to throw anything away, leading to the clutter buildup.
As the hoard of items continues to grow within the home, the potential for hazards arises. Slip-and-trip hazards, mold, biohazards, and pest infestations are all common among homes affected by hoarding.
While it is important to clean out the home as soon as possible, it can be difficult to get permission from the affected homeowner; they need to understand that their living situation poses a threat to their safety. After they have agreed to the cleaning service, contact RestorationMaster right away.
Professional Hoarding Cleaning
RestorationMaster is available in Buffalo, MN to provide complete hoarding cleanup services for homes of all sizes. Our technicians are licensed and trained to remove even the largest amounts of clutter as well as dangerous materials from biohazards and mold to pests. The home will also be disinfected to restore safe and healthy living conditions. Our professionals will always take a compassionate approach as they are aware of the sensitivity of the situation.
Approaching a Hoarder
Hoarders don’t usually reach out for cleaning services themselves because they are either too embarrassed or don’t realize the dangers of their living situation. So, they will need the help of a loved one to talk to them and help them understand why a cleaning service is needed. When doing this, be sure to have patience, be respectful, and do not force them to make a decision. As soon as they have accepted the cleaning service, you can take the next step.
Professional Hoarding Cleaning
When it comes to the cleaning of a hoarder’s home, it’s usually a long and complex job, making it necessary to work with professionals. RestorationMaster uses only professional equipment and effective cleaning products designed to efficiently and effectively clean and restore the home. They also use personal protective equipment (PPE) for their own safety and work within the regulations of the Department of Transportation, EPA, and OSHA.
RestorationMaster is always aware of the mental challenges faced by individuals affected by hoarding, which is why we approach them with a sense of dignity and respect. We also develop an effective cleaning plan, putting them in charge of the final decision of what is thrown away and kept.
Our hoarding cleaning process includes these 3 steps:
- Step 1: We will build a strong personal connection with the individual based on dignity and respect.
- Step 2: An effective cleaning plan is established, putting the individual in charge of the decision-making process.
- Step 3: RestorationMaster will follow up after the cleaning process to ensure that the home stays clean. If needed, we will schedule an additional cleaning appointment.
Our hoarding cleaning process includes all of the following:
- Removal of all unwanted items and belongings
- Saving of high monetary and sentimental items
- Assistance with the decision-making process
- Delivery of unique items for friends and family
- Assistance with legal documents
- Deep cleaning of the home and removal of any mold, biohazards, and pests.
- Final inspections
If you know someone that struggles with hoarding, it’s important to reach out to them as soon as possible to restore safe and healthy living conditions. RestorationMaster is always ready to help individuals affected by hoarding.
Call RestorationMaster at (952) 592-1103 for professional hoarding cleanup services in the Buffalo, MN area.
Related Hoarding Cleaning Services:
- Hoarding Cleaning in Buffalo, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning in St. Paul, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning in Roseville, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning in Fridley, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning in Brooklyn Park, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning in Medina, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning in Minneapolis, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning Services in St. Cloud, MN
- Hoarding Cleanup in Plymouth, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning in Monticello, MN
- Professional Hoarding Cleaning in Cambridge, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning Services in Eden Prairie, MN
- Hoarding Cleanup Services in Bloomington, MN