A house fire is not only dangerous, but it can be extremely depressing because it causes serious damage to your house and your treasured belongings. House fires can start in an abundance of ways: forest fire, a stove, candles, and heating equipment. Not only will you have damage from the fire, but you will also have water damage from the fire being put out. We understand that this can be a stressful process and work to aid you as best we can. When you call RestorationMaster in need of fire damage restoration in Franklin Township, NJ, we will respond immediately. Our mission is to prevent as much damage to your home as possible, so we will arrive on-site within 1-2 hours of your initial call for fire damage cleanup.
Fire damage is generally rampant in your home following a fire. It can destroy furniture, personal items, and the structure of your home. RestorationMaster has educated technicians that specialize in fire damage repair. We have top-of-the-line cleaning supplies and equipment. Our chemical cleaners can restore damaged surfaces such as chrome, aluminum, brass, tile, marble, porcelain, carpeting, and upholstery. Our fire damage repair services are made up of the following steps:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning and pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Odor removal
The longer you wait to contact RestorationMaster, the more likely the soot and corrosive byproducts are to permanently damage your home or office. While you wait for our service technicians to arrive, you can prevent your home from having further smoke damage with the following steps:
What to Do after a Fire
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, be sure to open your windows to air out your home.
- Remove chrome, porcelain, Formica, and aluminum surfaces to put a stop to tarnishing and etching.
- Change the air filter in your furnace.
- Filter loose soot from the air by putting a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply register.
- Dispose of any open food products
- If you lose power, dispose of everything in your refrigerator.
- Be sure to put aside smoke damaged clothing to be taken to the dry cleaners.
What Not to Do After a Fire
- Avoid touching anything that has been overcome with soot damage with your hands because the oils on your hands make it more likely for the damage to become permanent.
- Do not wash any of your soot damaged walls because if you do not know how to properly clean them, you will only make matters worse.
- Do not try to clean or remove carpeting.
- Electrical appliances should not be used until they have been approved by us as safe to use.
- When the ceiling is wet, do not use any ceiling fixtures.
Immediately after the fire is put out, the smoke damage begins to spread throughout your home or office and can become permanent. If action is not taken immediately then the structure of the building and furnishings can become damaged beyond repair. For this reason, you must take action immediately! Contact RestorationMaster in Franklin Township, NJ at (732) 338-0713 any time for our fire damage repair and cleanup services. We are available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year for all fire damage emergencies!