Every home and building is vulnerable to water damage. It can be caused by wet weather conditions such as floods, rain, and humidity or by factors inside your home such as plumbing issues, burst pipes, and overflows. Excess water can quickly cause structural damage and increase the risk of mold growth by getting absorbed in porous building materials and flooring, making it important to react to it immediately. RestorationMaster provides water damage restoration services for homes and businesses in Charleston and North Charleston, SC to remove excess water and moisture. We can effectively restore water damaged materials including flooring with our advanced drying equipment.
Water damage can be a tricky issue to deal with because minor cases can quickly turn into major problems. Many building materials such as wood, drywall, and all types of flooring are porous which allows water to quickly spread throughout the home or building and cause serious structural damage. The excess moisture also creates the right conditions for mold growth which can lead to even more property damage and increase the risk of related health effects. Our water damage technicians will stop the spread of the water upon our arrival and restore the damage with our advanced methods, cleaning products, and equipment.
Our water and flood damage restoration process includes these steps:
- Inspection and assessment of the damage
- Water removal
- Anti-microbial application
- Drying: air movement
- Drying: dehumidifying
- Drying: monitoring
Carpet and Floor Drying
Water and flood damage often has the biggest effect on flooring and carpeting. At RestorationMaster, we provide on-site drying of wood floors and carpeting to prevent warping and other issues.
Our technicians make the following considerations for carpet drying:
- Age and condition of carpet: If the carpet is old or in poor condition to begin with, it might make more financial sense to replace the carpet instead of trying to restore it.
- How long the carpet was exposed to water: Carpeting can handle exposure to water for about three days before sustaining considerable damage. We arrive within 2 to 4 hours of your call to treat your carpet before it is exposed for too long.
- Type of water: The type of water, whether it is clean water, grey water, or black water which contains hazardous materials, determines the restoration process.
- Water temperature: Hot water can cause more damage to a carpet by affecting the glue that holds it together.
We make the following considerations for drying wood floors:
- Wood floors are sensitive to water and require proper drying to avoid damage.
- Wood floors can absorb and hold water without showing signs of water damage.
- When wood floors absorb too much water, they will expand and cause cupping, crowning, or warping.
- A quick response is needed to prevent significant damage to your wood floors.
Water damage can quickly have a drastic effect on the furnishings, building materials, and flooring in your home or building so make sure you contact RestorationMaster if you have experienced water damage in Charleston or North Charleston, SC. We will remove the excess water and dry the affected materials to prevent significant damage. You can call us 24 hours a day for water damage emergencies at (888) 915-8868
We also provide:
Water Damage Restoration Services in Summerville, SC
Water Damage Restoration Services in Goose Creek, SC
Water Damage Restoration Services in Mount Pleasant, SC
Water Damage Restoration Services in The Islands, SC