NuEra Restoration and Remodeling
Fires are terrifying disasters because they cause very serious damage, put lives at risk, and they can happen at virtually any time. A fire in a home or building may start due to electrical issues, cooking accidents, dryer malfunctions, or candles among other potential causes, many of which can be prevented. Fires cause very serious damage to the affected objects and materials, and the byproducts of the fire including soot and smoke can cause even more extensive damage after the fire is extinguished.
When a fire occurs, you need to clear the home or building and ensure everyone’s safety before calling the fire department. After the fire is out, you cannot hesitate to call a professional to start the restoration process.
NuEra Restoration and Remodeling can help clean up and restore homes and businesses affected by fire in Tinley Park, IL with our fire damage restoration services. We are properly trained and equipped to deal with any level of fire damage, including structural repairs and cleaning of surfaces and objects affected by smoke and soot.
The damage caused by the corrosive byproducts of a fire can become permanent without quick cleaning which is why you must call our professionals as soon as the fire department leaves your property. Our technicians are not only highly trained to provide quality restoration services after a fire, but they have also passed a background check and can be trusted to work on your property.
Reach NuEra Restoration and Remodeling 24 hours a day at (630) 656-9915 for emergency fire damage restoration services in Tinley Park, IL.
Fire Damage Restoration
You must call our experts once the fire is out or the damage to your property could become much worse. That is because the smoke, soot, and other corrosive byproducts created by the heat of the fire will continue to linger throughout the property and cause damage and discoloration to the affected materials. It is common for these byproducts to spread to areas the fire itself didn’t reach and the damage can become permanent if the affected objects and materials are not properly treated.
Our technicians will quickly assess the damage and stabilize the building to help prevent more serious structural damage or collapse. We will repair significant structural damage caused by the fire and we have powerful cleaning products that can restore various surfaces and objects affected by smoke and soot. Regardless of the extent of the damage, our technicians will form a complete restoration plan to get your home or business back to its original condition.
When dealing with the aftermath of a fire, it is common to involve insurance. Our technicians can advise you on whether to involve your insurance company based on the extent of the damage and your deductible compared to the estimate to restore the damage. If you do file an insurance claim, we provide direct billing to bill your insurance company for the claim.
Once the fire has been put out, you must call NuEra Restoration and Remodeling to start the restoration.
As you wait for our professionals to arrive, you can do the following to help limit the damage:
- Open the windows to allow smoke and odors to escape.
- Make sure your children and pets are somewhere safe such as the home of a neighbor or family member.
- Dispose of all food in your home and refrigerator and clean your refrigerator thoroughly if there is no power.
- Take pictures of your property to document the damage. Our technicians will help make an inventory of your damaged items and provide you with a copy for your insurance company.
You must avoid the following actions after a fire to protect yourself and prevent further damage:
- Do not clean wood, drywall, furniture, or other porous surfaces
- Do not sit on upholstered furniture
- Do not keep any food exposed to the fire, smoke, and other elements
- Do not keep or take medications that have been exposed
- Do not put newspaper down anywhere because the ink can transfer and cause stains
- Do not use electronic devices or electric appliances unless they have been inspected
Contact Us for Fire Damage Restoration for Tinley Park, IL
The damage from a fire is not done when the fire is out which is why you need to call our professionals for fire damage restoration. Our technicians will work quickly to stop the spread of the damage and get your home or building rebuilt to its original condition.
We will also help keep out of pocket costs low with our price match guarantee that applies to non-covered claims. We will match or beat estimates from other professionals that adhere to the IICRC’s standard of care.
You can call us 24 hours a day at (630) 656-9915 for fire damage restoration in Tinley Park, IL.
Related Fire Damage Services:
Helpful Fire Damage Cleanup Information
After a disaster, homes typically require significant restoration due to potential hazards and instability. This is a common outcome that can happen after a fire has caused damage to your home.
There is a higher risk of soot exposure for certain occupations, but homeowners may also encounter this hazardous substance. Soot is commonly found in residential areas, such as households with fireplaces, basement furnaces, and engine exhaust. The small size of soot particles could potentially have health implications.
Grease fires are considered hazardous as they have the potential to cause personal injury and property damage. The stains on the stovetop are typically caused by oil, grease, fat, or the heat from deep fat fryers. The fires are of importance and could potentially spread quickly. These are the necessary steps to take in the event of a grease fire.
Fire and Smoke Damage Frequently Asked Questions
What steps are involved in removing smoke odor from a home or business?
A fire damage restoration professional like NuEra Restoration and Remodeling will take care of smoke removal and smoke damage restoration. If you decide to take the smoke mitigation issue into your own hands, here are the main steps to follow:
- Let It Breathe: Allow fresh air to circulate by opening windows and doors to ventilate and reduce lingering smoke odors.
- Absorb the Smoke: Use odor-absorbing materials like baking soda, activated charcoal, or commercial odor absorbers to help eliminate smoke odors.
- Repaint Ceilings & Walls: Apply a fresh coat of paint to ceilings and walls to cover and seal in smoke residue, reducing the odor.
- Details Matter: Light Bulbs and Air Filters: Replace light bulbs and clean or change air filters, as they can trap and emit smoke odors.
- Wash Windows and Window Coverings: Clean windows and wash window coverings like curtains and blinds to remove smoke residue and odors.
- Refresh Cabinets and Upholstery: Clean and deodorize cabinets and upholstery to eliminate embedded smoke odors.
- Cleanse Carpets and Rugs: Thoroughly clean and deodorize carpets and rugs, as they can trap smoke odors deep within their fibers.
- Floors: Clean and deodorize all types of flooring, such as hardwood, tile, or linoleum, to ensure the complete removal of smoke odors from the premises.
How is water damage addressed after a fire due to firefighting efforts?
A professional restoration company like NuEra Restoration and Remodeling can provide comprehensive restoration services involving both water damage restoration and fire damage restoration. Water damage due to firefighting efforts should be eligible to be covered by your insurance provider when you file a claim.
What is the process for assessing and repairing fire-damaged roofs and ceilings?
The process includes evaluating the extent of the damage, eliminating water, soot, and debris, and restoring the residence to its “pre-loss condition” through construction services. Typical tasks include securing the property, eliminating smoke odors, addressing any hazardous materials (such as asbestos or mold), and reconstructing the home.