While the thought of experiencing a fire on your property can seem like a nightmare “what if” scenario, it is important to realize just how many occur each year. According to the US Fire Administration, this number tops 1.25 million. This means that, while it is unlikely, we should all understand what to do when a fire occurs. First things first, you should dial 911 and evacuate anybody that you can from the premises. Second, you should call RestorationMaster. We provide comprehensive fire and smoke damage restoration services to both homeowners and business owners in the Wildwood, NJ, area. Through these services, we will address the damaging effects of fire, smoke, and soot, and restore your property to its original condition.
Effects of Smoke and Soot
We all understand the devastation that fire can cause to homes, office buildings, warehouses, and other buildings; however, it is important to understand the effects of smoke, soot, and other corrosive byproducts of fires as well. These elements can travel through the air, and through your ventilation system, to cause damage to seemingly unaffected areas and belongings over time. These effects can range from permanent discoloration and deterioration to the development of foul odors.
Because of smoke and soot, there are specific tips that you should follow after a fire for both your safety and the safety of your belongings:
- Do not touch or clean affected materials with bare skin
- Do not turn on any appliances until they have been inspected (including your air conditioner and furnace)
- Avoid using electronics, furniture, and other sensitive day-to-day items
- Throw out any affected food
Restoring Your Property
RestorationMaster is a leading provider of fire and smoke damage restoration services because of our time-tested methodologies, advanced restoration and sanitization equipment, and highly trained technicians. No matter the extent of the damage, we give your belongings the greatest odds of avoiding permanent damage as we restore your property to its original condition.
We will work through the following phases:
- Phase 1 – Emergency Response: Fires can cause complete and utter devastation to a wide array of belongings. This is why we remain available 24/7 to respond to emergencies. We will assess the extent of the damage, stabilize your property, and develop an effective plan of attack.
- Phase 2 – Sanitization and Restoration: We will implement our cleaning plan by tarping off affected areas to reduce the spread of harmful byproducts while we work, and cleaning and restoring your belongings on-site or at one of our secure facilities.
- Phase 3 – Structural Repair: In the event that your building was damaged, we will provide reconstruction services to return your property to its original condition.
Suffering from a fire is never easy, which is why we try to bring as much peace of mind as possible to you through our fire and smoke damage restoration services. RestorationMaster is available 24 hours a day at (888) 915-7197, and proudly works with property owners in the Wildwood, NJ, area.