It is difficult to keep excess water or moisture from entering your home because it can be caused by flooding, weather conditions, and internal leaks or plumbing problems. However, once there is water damage in a home or building, it requires immediate attention to stop the damage from spreading through porous building materials and prevent the growth of mold or mildew. RestorationMaster provides water damage restoration services in Missouri City, TX to remove excess water and moisture and cleanup the resulting damage. We will immediately contain the spread of the water to help limit the damage and reduce the risk of mold growth.
Water Damage Repair Services
At RestorationMaster, our technicians have been highly trained and certified to handle any size water loss in commercial and residential settings. We use the most advanced cleaning products and drying equipment of the industry to thoroughly extract water and moisture from the affected objects and surfaces and we will also take measures to prevent the growth of mold or mildew.
Our complete water damage restoration services include the following:
- Water extraction, drying, and dehumidification
- Document drying and recovery
- Cleaning of the building and personal content
- Carpet, rug, and upholstery cleaning
- Mold remediation
- Air duct cleaning
- Antiques and fine art restoration
- Electronic equipment restoration
- Furniture refinishing
- Biohazard cleaning
Water Damage Mitigation
The building materials in your home such as wood, drywall, and insulation are porous and allow water or moisture to spread by absorbing it. This is why you must react quickly to the sight of water damage in your home. After calling the professionals of RestorationMaster for water damage restoration, you can help limit the damage with these tips.
What to Do
- Remove excess water by mopping or blot drying.
- Remove wet area rugs and other floor coverings but do not remove permanent flooring or carpeting.
- Keep drapes off the floor by putting the bottoms through a coat hanger and putting the hanger on the rod.
- Wipe off wet furniture and prop the cushions up to dry; put aluminum foil under furniture legs to protect the carpet from staining.
- Put paintings, photos, and other similar object somewhere safe and dry.
- Keep water damaged books on their shelves to avoid page warping, we can treat water damaged books with specialized drying techniques.
- Open all internal doors and cabinet doors and drawers to help with the drying.
What NOT to Do
- Do not walk into a room that has standing water unless the electricity is turned off.
- Do not remove water with a regular vacuum cleaner.
- Do not use electrical appliances on a wet floor.
- Do not try to clean up mold or mildew growth.
Water damage can quickly become a serious issue in a home or building so make sure you take immediate action to prevent significant damage. If there is water damage in your home or building in Missouri City, TX, make sure you contact RestorationMaster right away for water damage restoration services. You can call us 24 hours a day at 888-915-8868 for water damage restoration emergencies.