Fires are perhaps the most feared and one of the most dangerous disasters that can happen in a home or building because they happen unexpectedly and put your safety at risk. When a fire occurs, evacuating the home or building safely is your top priority and you must begin the restoration as soon as the fire department clears your property. The structural damage caused by a fire can get much worse without immediate attention and the corrosive byproducts from the fire and smoke can continue to damage various surfaces and materials after the fire is out. ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete provides fire and smoke damage restoration services in Middlesex County, NJ to repair and cleanup the damage caused by a fire in homes and businesses. Our technicians will show up within 1-2 hours of your call to immediately begin the cleaning process and prevent permanent damage.
The flames from a fire cause serious physical damage to everything they touch including furnishings and structural elements and the chemical reactions created by the heat and the flames create corrosive byproducts that cause even more damage. The corrosive byproducts from burnt synthetic materials as well as soot from the smoke will keep settling throughout the home or building after the fire is extinguished, and they cause corrosion and discoloration to the materials they affect. The damage from soot and corrosive byproducts will become permanent within 72 hours if the affected materials are not restored.
ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete will repair any structural damage to your home or building caused by the flames and we can also restore the effects of corrosive byproducts and soot. Our powerful chemical cleaners will effectively remove tarnishing and soot damage from tile, brass, chrome, aluminum, marble, porcelain, carpeting and upholstery. The fire damage restoration services we provide include these steps:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Content cleaning and pack-out
As soon as you contact ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete for fire and smoke damage restoration, you can help start the process with these tips:
What to Do After a Fire
- If the outside temperature is over 60 degrees, open all doors and windows to help air out the building.
- Clean off porcelain, chrome, aluminum, and Formica surfaces affected by soot and corrosive byproducts.
- Change the air filter in your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply register to capture soot from the air.
- Dispose of any open food packages and containers.
- If the power goes out, clean the inside of your refrigerator thoroughly.
- Submit your smoke damaged clothing for restoration dry cleaning services.
What Not to Do After a Fire
- Do not touch materials damaged by soot including walls, woodwork, and upholstery because the oils in your hand penetrate these materials to make it worse.
- Do not wash walls affected by soot because using the wrong cleaning product and methods will worsen the damage.
- Do not attempt to clean carpeting or upholstery.
- Do not try to use electrical appliances unless they have been inspected and deemed safe.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
If there is a fire in your home or business in Middlesex County, NJ and you are left to deal with the damage, contact ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete as soon as possible for fire and smoke damage restoration. Our technicians will stop the spread of soot and corrosive byproducts and make sure that all structural damage caused by the fire is repaired. You can call us 24 hours a day at (732) 751-4004 for emergency fire damage restoration services.
We can provide fire and smoke damage restoration services for Monroe Township, Piscataway Township, Perth Amboy, Metuchen, Woodbridge Township, Edison, Old Bridge Township, New Brunswick, and East Brunswick in Middlesex County, NJ.