ServiceMaster Fire & Water Clean Up Services
When addressing hoarding, this is more than just a cleanup within the home; this can involve vast piles of items that have been accumulating within the home for years. Unsanitary conditions may have even developed over time, including mold, fire hazards, and animal biohazards.
When an individual is affected by hoarding, they are battling an anxiety and depression that pushes them to develop an emotional bond with their items. These hoarding tendencies are what contributes to an unsafe number of items building up within the home over time.
ServiceMaster Fire & Water Clean Up Services provides hoarding cleanup services in Lancaster, PA and the surrounding areas to restore homes to safe and healthy conditions. We follow a proven 3-step approach in which our technicians will put the individual in charge of the process, remove the unwanted items, and provide repairs and deep cleaning services as needed.
Hoarding Tendencies to Look Out For
Hoarding tendencies are often a very sensitive issue for those affected. This is also why many homeowners are hesitant to reach out for assistance as this can be embarrassing for them. We highly recommend that a loved one reach out and intervene to help them understand the severity of their situation. They must then accept the help of a cleaning and restoration company to clean and restore the home to a safe and sanitary living condition.
Each of the following hazards are often associated with hoarding tendencies:
- Bacteria and Allergens: Everything including bacteria, mold, dust, and other debris always accumulate within the property. Not just on the floor, but on walls, desks, chairs, windowsills, stair banisters, and many other corners.
- Tipping hazards: Homes affected by hoarding often have items piled on top of each other, which can reach heights that are very dangerous in terms of falling on someone and causing an injury.
- Blocked Escape Routes: If any emergency were to arise and everyone needed to evacuate, hoarded items may be blocking escape routes, making it very difficult to escape quickly.
- Fire Hazards: Hoarding scenarios often involve combustible items near flame sources, including candles, stove tops, gas lines, and overloaded circuits.
Hoarding Clean Up and How it Works
Our hoarding clean up teams have served the Lancaster, PA area for decades. During this time we’ve come across some bad hoarding situations. However, our teams deliver on professionalism and confidentiality when providing hoarding cleanout services.
Here’s what to expect when using our hoarder cleanup services in Lancaster, PA:
- Building a Relationship with the Individual: As soon as we arrive, we will work to establish a bond of trust with the individual before touching any of the items. This step helps to keep the cleaning project as smooth and efficient as possible.
- Developing a Cleaning Plan: After establishing a bond of trust, a cleaning plan is created to remove all excess clutter while reorganizing the home. The items are taken to a donation center, recycling facility, or to be thrown away.
- Following Up with the Individual: As a hoarding disorder must be treated over time, a unique cleaning plan is developed for the individual to follow. Periodic phone calls will also be made to follow up with the individual.
We Provide Hoarding Cleanup Services Nearby in Lancaster, PA
ServiceMaster Fire & Water Clean Up Services is available at (717) 622-2244 in Lancaster, PA to provide free estimates for our hoarding cleaning services.
Related Hoarding Cleaning Services: