ServiceMaster Fire & Water Clean Up Services
Addressing hoarding issues involves more than just a major cleanup in a home with numerous piles of junk that have been accumulating for many years. There will also be unsanitary and potentially dangerous conditions that have risen over time, such as mold, fire hazards, and animal biohazards.
An individual affected by hoarding is often facing deep isolation, depression, and severe anxiety, and they have developed an emotional bond with their personal items. Hoarding tendencies such as these are what contribute to the unsafe number of items within the home.
ServiceMaster Fire & Water Clean Up Services provides hoarding cleanup services in York, PA and the surrounding areas, working with affected individuals to help them return their home to a safe and sanitary living space. Our professionals ensure to follow a 3-step approach in which the individual is put in charge of the hoarding cleaning process, and we remove the unnecessary items and provide deep cleaning and disinfection as needed.
Hoarding Tendencies to Look Out For in York, PA
When working with an individual affected by hoarding, it is a very sensitive issue for them. It is often that many homeowners are hesitant to reach out for assistance or hoarding removal because they may be embarrassed by their situation.
But it is highly recommended for a loved one to reach out to them and help them understand the severity of their situation. After they have accepted help, it is time to call a hoarding cleanup company to restore the home.
Here are just a few of reasons finding hoarder cleanup in York, PA is so important:
- Tripping Hazards: Hoarded items are often piled on top of each other, reaching dangerous heights that face the risk of falling and causing injury at any time.
- Blocked Escape Routes: Often items are blocking doorways which can be dangerous in the event of an emergency, hindering or preventing someone from evacuating in time.
- Fire Hazards: There are often many combustible items near flame sources, such as overloaded circuits, stovetops, gas lines, and candles.
- Allergens and Bacteria: Mold, dust, bacteria, and other dangerous materials are always accumulating within the property. This often occurs on chairs, window sills, stair banisters, desks, walls, and chairs.
How the Hoarder Cleanup Process in York, PA Works
Our hoarder cleaning crews have helped the York, PA community handle these delicate cases since 1989. We work not only with the affected individual but we maintain professionalism in our hoarding cleanout methods as well.
Here are some important steps to our hoarding cleaning approach:
- Establishing a Relationship: Upon our arrival, we will work to build a bond of trust before touching any of the items. This helps the hoarding cleanup project run smoothly.
- Develop a Deep Cleaning Plan: After establishing a trustful relationship, a cleaning plan is developed to remove excess clutter and reorganize the home. The unwanted items are then taken to a recycling facility or to be thrown away.
- Follow Up with the Individual: A hoarding disorder must always be treated over time. Before we leave, a cleaning plan will be left for the individual to follow. We will also check-in through periodic phone calls to ensure the hoarding cleaning plan is followed.
After the hoarding cleaning service is finished, ServiceMaster Fire & Water Clean Up Services will work with the individual to maintain the cleanliness of the home. We will also work with them to change their habits over time.
Get a Nearby Hoarder Cleaning Service in York, PA
For a free estimate on our hoarding cleaning services, contact ServiceMaster Fire & Water Clean Up Services at (717) 622-2244.
Related Hoarding Cleaning Services: