A fire is perhaps the most destructive disaster your home can experience because they happen very quickly and cause pervasive damage that continues to spread after the fire is out. It is crucial to get your home or building restored as soon as the fire is extinguished because corrosive byproducts from burnt synthetic materials and soot from the smoke can cause permanent tarnishing and etching. ServiceMaster Fire and Water Restoration provides fire and smoke damage restoration services for homes and businesses in Lakewood, CO. We will immediately stop the damage from spreading and restore your home or building using advanced cleaning equipment.
Many objects in your home such as furnishings and other building materials are made from synthetic materials that produce chemical emissions and dangerous fumes when burned. These chemical emissions can continue to spread after the fire is out along with soot from the smoke, and cause tarnishing and etching that will become permanent if the damage is not restored. We can repair and restore furnishings, structural elements, and other items that have been damaged by the fire and we can also remove tarnishing and etching from a range of delicate household surfaces including brass, chrome, aluminum, tile, porcelain, marble, carpeting and upholstery.
Our complete fire damage restoration services include these 5 steps:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
What to Do After a Fire
- Contact ServiceMaster Fire and Water Restoration once the fire is put out to help limit the damage and begin the restoration before the damage becomes permanent.
- If the outside temperature is above 60 degrees, open up your doors and windows to air out the home.
- Prevent permanent tarnishing by cleaning off porcelain, Formica, aluminum, and chrome surfaces.
- Replace the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply vent to remove loose soot from the air.
- Throw away any open food containers.
- Clean out the inside of your refrigerator if the power is out and leave the door open to dry.
- Submit your smoke damaged clothing to a professional that provides restoration dry cleaning.
What NOT to Do After a Fire
- Do not touch any wood, drywall, or upholstery surfaces because the oils in your hand make soot damage to these surfaces worse.
- Do not try to wash walls with soot damage because improper cleaning methods will compound the problem.
- Do not clean carpeting or upholstery with soot damage.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have not been inspected.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
If your home or business in Lakewood, CO has been damaged in a fire, it is important to contact ServiceMaster Fire and Water Restoration to begin the fire damage restoration before the damage becomes permanent. We will immediately stop the spread of the damage and get your home or building restored using the most advanced cleaning products and equipment of the industry. You can call us 24 hours a day at (303) 800-3404 for emergency fire damage restoration in Lakewood, CO.