ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete
Fire Damage Related Info
A fire in a home or building can be absolutely devastating because it can very quickly cause significant damage to your home and your personal items. There are so many things that can start a fire in your home including cooking, smoking, electrical items, candles, and the dryer and even when the fire is out, soot and corrosive byproducts will continue to spread the damage. ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete provides fire and smoke damage restoration services to homes and businesses in Brooklyn, NY that have sustained damage in a fire. We arrive within 1-2 hours of your initial call to contain the damage and treat affected objects before the damage becomes permanent.
The damage from a fire is often widespread and affects the structural elements and furnishings in your home as well as your personal content. The technicians of ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete have been highly trained to restore fire damaged structural elements and furnishings and we use advanced chemical cleaners to remove tarnishing and etching from delicate household surfaces including chrome, aluminum, brass, tile, marble, porcelain, carpeting, and upholstery.
Our fire damage restoration services consist of the following steps:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning and pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
- Odor removal
The damage caused by soot and corrosive byproducts after a fire can quickly become permanent which makes it important to contact ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete immediately after the fire is out. As you wait for our technicians to arrive, you can help limit some of the damage with these tips:
Fire Damage Cleanup – What to Do
- Open your windows to air out the home if the temperature is above 60 degrees.
- Wipe off chrome, porcelain, Formica, and aluminum surfaces to prevent permanent damage from tarnishing and etching.
- If your filter uses forced hot air, change the air filter.
- Filter loose soot from the air by putting a damp cheesecloth over each return and supply register.
- Throw away open food packages.
- Clean out the inside of your refrigerator if you lose power.
- Save smoke damaged clothing for restoration dry cleaning.
Smoke Mitigation – What NOT to Do
- Avoid touching walls, upholstery, or woodwork with soot damage because the oils in your hand can penetrate these materials and make the damage worse.
- Do not try to wash soot damaged walls because improper cleaning methods will make the damage worse.
- Do not try to clean carpeting or upholstery.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they have been inspected for safety.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures that are on a wet ceiling.
After the fire is out, the damage from the smoke and corrosive byproducts can continue to spread and render the affected structural elements and furnishings unsalvageable. If your home or building in Brooklyn, NY has been affected by a fire, contact ServiceMaster Restoration by Complete as soon as possible for fire damage restoration. We are available 24 hours a day at (347) 380-8388 for fire damage emergencies in Brooklyn, NY.