A fire is one of the worst disasters that can strike a home and if the appropriate actions are not taken after the fire is put out, the damage from the smoke and fire can become permanent. RestorationMaster provides fire damage restoration and smoke cleaning services to homes and businesses in Bemidji that have sustained smoke or fire damage. We can salvage personal belongings and furnishings as well as limit the damages to save on insurance claims.
The technicians of RestorationMaster have the training and experience necessary to provide fire damage cleanup services with an expert knowledge of chemical combinations that can remove soot and smoke damage. These chemical combinations allow us to remove soot from at-risk surfaces such as aluminum, brass, chrome, tile, marble, porcelain, and fabrics that include carpet and upholstery.
What to do after smoke and fire damage
- Make sure to call RestorationMaster for fire damage restoration as soon as the fire is put out because corrosive byproducts can cause permanent damage in a short time frame.
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, open up your home to air it out and reduce the odor.
- Prevent permanent etching by cleaning Formica, chrome, porcelain, and aluminum surfaces.
- If your furnace uses forced hot air, change the filter.
- Put damp cheesecloths over each return and supply register to remove loose soot from the air.
- Throw away any open food packages.
- Clean out the refrigerator thoroughly if you lose power.
- Submit your smoke damaged clothing for our restoration dry cleaning services.
What NOT to do after smoke and fire damage
- Do not touch soot or smoke damaged surfaces because hand oils can penetrate walls, woodwork, and upholstery to cause further damage.
- Do not wash soot or smoke damaged walls because improper cleaning methods will compound the problem.
- Do not clean damaged carpeting or upholstery without professional assistance.
- Do not use any electrical appliances unless they have been fully inspected for safe use.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures that are wet or on a wet ceiling.
RestorationMaster uses only the most advanced cleaning products and equipment in the industry for effective smoke cleaning and fire damage cleanup. Our five-step fire damage restoration process includes:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Content cleaning
- Content pack-out
- Wall and ceiling cleaning
If your home or business in Bemidji, MN has sustained heavy damaged from a fire, contact RestorationMaster at 763-301-5000 for fire damage restoration services. We are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to fire damage emergencies.