Nu-Gen Cleaning & Restoration
Mold is a dangerous contaminant that can cause a number of problems once it has invaded a property. As soon as the spores find a porous building material and moisture source, it will start feeding on your building structure, even dispersing spores into the breathing air in search of new places to contaminate. While moisture is the main factor that contributes to mold, the cellulose contained in your building materials is the other food source required for mold to grow. Once it has developed, health and property issues will occur.
Nu-Gen Cleaning & Restoration is available in Crystal Lake, IL and the surrounding areas to provide mold removal services for homes and buildings. Our technicians are both trained and experienced when removing mold from all property sizes and types, attacking it at the source and restoring the affected building materials.
Damage Caused by Mold
Mold is often a direct result of untreated water damage. In fact, it can develop in as little as 48 hours after the water damage has affected the property, making it crucial to reach out to emergency services. Once it develops, it will consume the building materials because of the cellulose they contain as it is mold’s natural food source. Once the fungus has consumed the porous material, they cannot be salvaged.
The more time that passes between when the mold has developed and the area is restored, the restoration project will become more involved, not to mention put everyone on the property at risk of respiratory and allergy issues.
At Nu-Gen Cleaning & Restoration, our advanced equipment will remove mold from all affected areas, ensuring that it is removed at the source. While mold testing is required from a third party, we can use infrared technology to identify affected areas, using powerful products to remove it at the source. Our technicians can also replace permanently damaged carpeting, walls, flooring, and ceiling.
Mold Restoration Tips
Finding Mold – What to Do:
- Call Nu-Gen Cleaning & Restoration for complete mold removal.
- Use protective equipment when around the mold, including eye wear, gloves, and breathing mask.
- Wipe down walls and floors containing condensation, not mold
- Use a dehumidifier to lower the humidity level in the property.
- Improve the air flow throughout the home by turning on the fan or air conditioning.
- Inspect the HVAC system for signs of mold.
Mold Removal – What NOT to Do:
- Do not try to remove the mold yourself.
- Do not disturb any visible mold.
- Do not paint or caulk over any moldy surfaces.
- Do not place a fan directly in front of the mold.
Our mold removal services cover all of the following:
- Initial assessment of the property to determine the extent of the damage.
- Report of the assessment to your insurance agency.
- Creating containment chambers in the affected areas to prevent the mold from spreading.
- Development of a mold removal plan.
- Complete mold removal of all affected areas and restoring affected building materials.
When finding mold, don’t hesitate to take action as the fungus can spread to other areas of the home or building and create a bigger mess. Nu-Gen Cleaning & Restoration is available at (815) 569-0702 in Crystal Lake, IL and the surrounding areas to provide mold removal services for homes and buildings.