ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc.
Mold growth advances in damp and wet areas, from behind walls to under carpeting and everywhere else imaginable. The fungus thrives on natural nutrients, such as cellulose in drywall, in combination with excessive moisture.
You’ll notice mold immediately upon entering the contaminated space. A strong, offensive odor persists due to the expansion of mold. Dark, unsightly splotches mark areas hijacked by the growth.
Mold is hazardous to your health. Respiratory issues flare up in moldy spaces. Allergy symptoms increase. Runny nose, watery eyes and persistent coughs plague those residing in mold-contaminated rooms or office spaces.
Not only is mold a health hazard, but mold spores destroy the material upon which it feeds. Walls lose strength with mold contamination, as do ceilings and flooring. Without prompt remediation, the structural areas soiled with mold severely weaken.
Mold Removal Services in Rochester, NH Area
Who do you call when you notice mold has seized your habitable space? ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc. provides trusted mold remediation services for homes and businesses in Rochester, NH. We respond immediately to your call, recognizing the fact that mold is dangerous and problematic to both private residences and businesses alike.
Our service team of mold remediation specialists are properly trained and equipped with state-of-the-art machinery and cleaning solutions to radically improve your living spaces by eliminating all traces of mold. Our approach includes restoring affected areas subsequent to the removal of mold. We also use innovative methods to detect hidden traces of mold and prevent the spores from dramatically increasing.
Watch our video to learn more about our mold removal and remediation services:
ServiceMaster’s 5 Steps to Mold Remediation
ServiceMaster has developed a successful plan of action to tackle and destroy mold. Our decades of experience has led to these five steps to combat growth:
- Our technicians assess the contaminated spaces.
- As required, our specialists report mold growth to your insurance company.
- We develop a plan to control the spread of and eliminate existing mold growth.
- We isolate and contain the mold.
- Our professional mold remediation specialists attack the mold to remove and prevent its progression.
If you encounter mold spores in any capacity—large or small growths—take the appropriate actions:
- Immediately contact ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc. to address the issue.
- Repair plumbing issues or water leaks that may have been a source for the mold growth.
- Ventilate the area by opening windows and doors; doing so may help dry out the area.
- While inhabiting moldy areas, wear protective eyewear and non-porous gloves.
- Reduce humidity in the area by switching on the air conditioner or dehumidifier.
While strategic actions help to address mold, certain activities are strongly discouraged:
- Do not attempt to destroy the mold. Spores are toxic even when dead.
- Do not use substances near mold. Chemicals such as bleach only disperse mold spores.
- Do not camouflage mold with coats of paint or caulk.
- Do not attempt a do-it-yourself cleaning. Inexperienced mold remediation activities only scatter mold spores and contaminate other areas.
Call ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc. the moment you encounter mold growth. Our service team is available 24 hours a day to address any concerns regarding mold growth in homes or businesses within the Rochester, NH community. Call us at (603) 967-4744 for details or to schedule an appointment.