Hoarding is a more complicated problem than it seems on the surface. People do not hoard out of laziness or neglect, but because they are dealing with anxiety or depression. These issues make it nearly impossible for those affected to throw anything away which is how the clutter begins to build up in the home. As the clutter grows, the living conditions inside the home become more dangerous. Collected items may block pathways and exits, leading to injuries and an increased risk of fire, mold growth, and pest infestations.
It is important to clean out a hoarded home because of the dangerous conditions, but you cannot simply start cleaning the home. You must first reach out to the hoarder and help them understand the danger their behaviors have created so they will agree to clean the home. Once the affected individual is ready to clean their home, you can call RestorationMaster to help with the cleaning.
RestorationMaster provides hoarding cleaning services in Richfield, MN to clear the clutter from hoarded homes. Our technicians are prepared to handle the large-scale removal of hoarded materials and we will clean and sanitize the home to ensure safe living conditions. We understand the sensitive nature of hoarding situations and our staff will always treat the affected individual with respect and involve them in the cleaning process.
Approaching a Hoarder
Those affected by hoarding do not usually reach out for help because they are embarrassed or unaware of the extent of the problem. It is best for someone who they know and trust to reach out to them and help them understand the danger of their living conditions. You must come from a place of respect and compassion when approaching a hoarder and never force them into a decision. When they decide that it is time to clean their home, then you can help them take the next step.
Professional Hoarding Cleaning
Cleaning the home of a hoarder is an extensive and often dangerous job which is why it helps to call our professionals. We have the equipment and cleaning products to effectively clear the hoarded items from the home and ensure that it is sanitized for safe living conditions. Our technicians use personal protective equipment (PPE) for their own safety and work within the rules and regulations of the EPA, Department of Transportation, and OSHA.
We are aware of the mental challenges faced by those who hoard, and our staff always treats these individuals with dignity and respect. We keep the affected individual involved with the cleaning plan and we do not remove or dispose of any items without their permission. We divide our hoarding cleaning services into the following three phases:
- Phase 1: We build a connection with the affected individual based on trust and respect.
- Phase 2: We form a cleaning plan with the help of the affected individual and give them the final decision on what gets thrown away or kept.
- Phase 3: We will follow up with the individual with a phone call to check that they are keeping the home clean. If not, we will come back for a follow up cleaning.
Our hoarding cleaning process includes the following steps:
- Removal of unwanted items
- Saving of valuables such as money, jewelry, and heirlooms
- Help deciding what to keep, throw away, donate, or recycle
- Delivery of certain kept items for family and friends
- Help with any legal paperwork required
- Cleaning and sanitization of the home for safe living conditions
If you know someone who struggles with hoarding issues, reach out as soon as you can so their home can be restored to safe living conditions. Our professionals at RestorationMaster are ready to clean and restore homes affected by hoarding and we will also keep the affected individual involved in every step. Give us a call at (888) 915-7197 for professional hoarding cleaning in Richfield, MN.
Related Hoarding Cleaning Services:
- Hoarding Cleaning in Mendota Heights, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning in St. Paul, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning in Roseville, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning in Fridley, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning in Brooklyn Park, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning in Medina, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning in Minneapolis, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning Services in St. Cloud, MN
- Hoarding Cleanup in Plymouth, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning in Monticello, MN
- Professional Hoarding Cleaning in Cambridge, MN
- Hoarding Cleaning Services in Eden Prairie, MN
- Hoarding Cleanup Services in Bloomington, MN