Mold is a major problem whenever it appears in homes and buildings as it can lead to serious property damage and heath issues. Mold colonies can form just about anywhere there is excess moisture or water damage and mold feeds on organic substances fund in common materials like wood and drywall. The spread of the mold, extent of the damage, and risk of adverse health effects will increase until the mold can be removed from the property.
At Elements Restoration, we provide mold remediation services to remove mold growth from homes and buildings in Puyallup, WA. Our technicians will fully remove all mold growth and help restore the damage it caused.
Dealing with Mold Damage
Mold growth is a problem that requires immediate action, no matter how much mold you find. There is a good chance that the mold you see is not to the full extent as mold growth may be hidden behind walls and ceilings. The longer mold growth is left, the more likely it is to cause significant structural damage as the mold will eat away at the affected materials. Mold is also always a risk to spread to new areas of the property.
The other issue to consider with mold is the possibility of negative health effects from exposure. Those exposed to mold are likely to experience allergic reactions including congestion, coughing, trouble breathing, skin irritation, and itchy eyes and throat. Those exposed for a long period of time may develop more serious infections.
Professional Mold Removal
When you call Elements Restoration, the first thing our technicians will do is uncover and contain the mold growth to prevent it from spreading. We will then assess the damage and extent of the mold growth and form a mold remediation plan to remove it.
Our mold remediation services include the following:
- Evaluation of the damage
- Report to your insurance company
- Isolation of the affected areas to prevent the mold from spreading
- Preparation of a remediation plan based on our evaluation
- Removal of the mold growth and permanently damaged materials and restoration of the affected areas
If you discover mold in your home, calling our professionals to deal with the mold is your best option. Our technicians are certified, trained, and equipped to remove mold growth safely and effectively. Attempting to remove mold growth yourself puts your health at risk and you can make the mold worse using improper techniques.
Watch RestorationMaster Video for more information on Mold Removal Services
Make sure to take the following steps when you discover mold:
- Call our professionals for mold remediation
- Address the moisture source that caused the mold and dry off wet objects and surfaces
- Open windows and doors to air out your home
- Wear non-porous gloves and eyewear in affected areas
- Use an air conditioner or dehumidifier to lower the moisture level in the home
- Check the ventilation
You should avoid these actions when you find mold:
- Attempting to remove the mold
- Cleaning the affected materials with bleach or household chemicals because they will cause the mold to disperse its spores
- Paint or caulk over moldy surfaces
- Disturb mold colonies as this will cause them to spread their spores
Call Elements Restoration for Mold Remediation
Mold is a dangerous substance that can lead to property damage and health issues if it is not quickly removed. Our technicians at Elements Restoration can effectively remove mold growth and restore safe conditions in your property. You can call us at (253) 470-2401 for mold remediation services in Puyallup, WA.