Every home and building is vulnerable to water damage because there are many things that can cause excess water or flooding within a property. Weather conditions like rain and flooding are common causes of water damage, and it can also happen due to problems inside the building such as burst pipes, leaks, plumbing issues, or sewage backups. Water damage requires immediate attention no matter the cause because water spreads quickly through porous building materials and furnishings which increases the damage and the risk for more serious issues like structural damage and mold growth. If there is a water issue on your property, you need to call restoration professionals immediately.
RestorationMaster provides water damage restoration services in Puyallup, WA to clean up and restore affected homes and businesses. Our technicians will arrive quickly to contain the spread of the water and restore the resulting damage.
Water and Flood Damage Mitigation
No matter the source or amount of water involved, water damage restoration is an emergency. Many furnishings and building materials within homes and buildings are porous which allows water from flooding and even leaks to spread and significantly increase the damage. Porous materials that absorb the water may become discolored, rotted, or warped and building materials like wood and drywall can experience severe structural damage. There is also a high risk of mold growth for areas and materials affected by water damage.
Our technicians at RestorationMaster are IICRC certified and equipped to handle water damage in any scenario. We use advanced equipment to remove water and dry the affected materials and we will clean and restore the affected areas to return them to their original condition.
Our water damage restoration process includes the following:
- Phase 1 – Emergency Response: Our technicians will arrive right away to contain the water and assess the damage.
- Phase 2 – Water Removal and Drying: We use water extraction equipment to remove standing water and then set up dehumidification equipment to dry the affected materials.
- Phase 3 – Reinstallation and Cleaning: After the drying process, we will clean and restore the damaged areas and reinstall or return any appliances or large furniture that were moved in the process.
Watch RestorationMaster Video for more information on Water Damage Restoration
How to Respond to Water Damage
The first thing you should do when you notice flooding or water damage on your property is to call our professionals. We will immediately contain the spread of the damage and start the restoration process which will save you time and money.
As you are waiting for our technicians to arrive, you can do the following to help limit the damage:
- Remove water by mopping and blot drying
- Remove non-permanent floor coverings like area rugs
- Get drapes off the floor by putting them through a coat hanger and putting the hanger on the rod
- Wipe water from wet furniture and prop up the cushions so they can dry
- Move delicate objects like photos, paintings, and important documents out of harm’s way
- Open doors and drawers to help with drying
- Keep water damaged books packed tightly on their shelves so they can be treated by our professionals
- Clean water damage after smoke and fire
You should AVOID the following actions after experiencing water damage:
- Entering a flooded area while the power is on
- Removing water with a regular vacuum cleaner
- Removing permanent flooring and carpeting
- Cleaning mold and mildew
Water Damage Restoration from RestorationMaster
Water damage can become a much bigger issue in homes and buildings without quick action to stop its spread and restore the damage. Our professionals at RestorationMaster are ready to respond to any water damage situation to clean up and restore your property and help prevent more serious issues like structural damage and mold growth.
You can call us 24 hours a day at (253) 470-2401 for water damage restoration in Puyallup, WA.