Water damage is a common problem, however, it should never be taken lightly as even minor water damage can become significant if the right actions are not taken. Flooding, heavy rain, and leaking pipes or fixtures can cause excess water or moisture to get into your home or building and the absorbent building materials will allow it to spread further throughout the structure, causing more extensive damage. However, Elements Restoration provides water damage restoration and flood restoration services to help homes and businesses in Tacoma, WA that have been damaged by excess water or moisture. We make sure to respond within 2-4 hours of your call to help limit the spread of the damage and reduce the potential for mold growth.
Elements Restoration understands that water damage is an emergency, which is why we are ready to respond to all calls in the Tacoma, WA area 24 hours a day. Each of our flood restoration IICRC certified technicians are highly trained and experienced to provide effective flood cleanup services while using the latest restoration technology, equipment, and cleaning products to thoroughly dry and restore the structural elements and furnishings in your home.
Flood Cleanup Process:
- Phase 1 – Emergency Response: We will inspect the property to assess the damage.
- Phase 2 – Water Removal and Drying: We will remove all excess water and moisture and inspect our progress daily.
- Phase 3 – Reinstallation and Cleaning: We can clean the damage caused by water and reinstall anything that needs to be removed for cleaning.
Elements Restoration’s fast response will limit the scope of the damage which will save you time and money on the restoration process. We also provide a comprehensive water recovery guide that explains the responsibilities after the restoration is complete. If you find water damage in your home, you can limit the damage with these steps:
Flood Restoration with Home Products – What to Do:
- Call Elements Restoration immediately to help extensive damage and mold growth which can happen immediately.
- Mop and dry to remove as much water as you can.
- Wet area rugs and floor coverings should be removed, but do not remove permanent carpeting or floor coverings.
- Place draperies through a coat hanger and the hanger on the rod to keep the draperies off the floor.
- Wipe down wet furniture and prop up the cushions to dry.
- Place photos, paintings, and other objects that can easily be destroyed by water in a dry location.
- Keep books packed tightly together on the shelves to reduce warping until we restore them with our specialized drying process.
- Open all drawers and doors in the house to help with the drying.
Water Damage Restoration – What Not to Do:
- Do not walk through a room with standing water while the electricity is on.
- Do not use a regular vacuum cleaner as a shop vac to remove water.
- Do not try to remove permanent carpeting or flooring.
- Do not try to clean up mold or mildew growth.
Contact Us 24/7
Water damage is a very common but tricky problem to deal with as it can spread quickly. Therefore, do not hesitate to call us if you discover flood or water damage in your home or building in Tacoma, WA or the surrounding areas. Our water damage cleanup technicians are highly trained and ready to respond to emergency situations with advanced cleaning products and drying equipment. We also with local insurance providers to help with the claims.
We are available 24 hours a day at (253) 409-0908 for water damage restoration in Tacoma, WA.
Related Water Damage Restoration Services: