Excess water and moisture can wreak havoc in homes and office spaces because of how quickly it can spread throughout structural elements, furnishings, and personal belongings. To make matters worse, water damage vastly increases the odds of mold appearing on your property. All of this together can leave your property in a state of disarray, which is why we encourage you to take advantage of our water damage restoration services here at ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc. We service home and business owners alike in Manchester, NH area, and will restore your property and belongings to their original condition.
In many cases, water damage will make its presence known in a limited way. Common building materials (e.g. wood, drywall, etc.) are absorbent, which means that they can become damaged quickly as they take on water, but then allow the water to spread through them over time. Essentially, there is always a larger problem taking place behind the scenes. In other cases, water will rush in quite rapidly. This can occur due to burst pipes, sump pump overflows, and more. In either situation, our highly trained technicians can solve the problem with our advanced water and moisture removing equipment, sanitization solutions, and restoration methodologies. All of this together is why ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc. is the premier water damage restoration service provider.
When you choose to make use of our water damage restoration services, you can expect the following:
- 24-hour availability and a rapid response.
- Thorough drying and dehumidification services.
- Content cleaning and pack-out services.
- Restoration of structural elements, furnishings, and personal items (everything from electronics to fine art).
- Carpet, upholstery, and rug cleaning.
- Drying and restoration of important documents.
- Mold removal services.
While our technicians can respond to emergency situations within 2 to 4 hours of your call, there are still actions that you can take to be proactive in the case of water damage.
Things to Do in the Case of Water Damage
- Contact ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc. for immediate assistance.
- Blot dry or mop affected areas to remove all of the water that you can.
- Remove temporary flooring, but do not remove permanent flooring.
- Keep draperies off of the floor (one way is to put a coat hanger on the rod, and thread the drapes through it).
- Wipe furniture, prop up cushions, and put aluminum foil between the legs of furniture and the floor.
- Put photos, paintings, and similar items in a safe, dry space.
- Keep affected books packed tightly on their shelves.
- Open doors, cabinets, and drawers to increase air circulation.
Additionally, there are specific things that you should avoid. This is both for your safety, and to prevent further damage from occurring to your property and personal belongings.
Things to Avoid in the Case of Water Damage
- Do not walk into a room that contains standing water until the power is shut off.
- Do not use a vacuum cleaner to remove water.
- Do not attempt to remove permanent flooring (this includes carpets).
- Do not use electric appliances while the floor or the appliance is wet.
- Do not attempt to clean mold growth, as this can cause it to spread if done improperly.
At the end of the day, water damage can cause quite a headache if it is not addressed swiftly and effectively. If you notice any level of water damage on your property, we encourage you to contact ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc. as quickly as possible before damage spreads.
We can be reached at (603) 967-4744, and are available 24 hours a day. We will arrive within 2 to 4 hours of your call, and we proudly service home and business owners in the Manchester, NH area.