Fires are one of those risks that every home and business owner is aware of, but never expects to have happen on their property. The reality is that while they are rare, fires can be extremely damaging and life threatening. This is why it is critical that you know what to do if a fire does take hold on your property. First, you should dial 911 to combat the blaze. Second, do what you can to make sure that everybody is accounted for. Third, if you reside within the Manchester, NH, area, contact ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc. to begin the restoration process. Our fire damage restoration services will limit the damage of fire, smoke, and soot, while also giving your belongings the best possible chance of avoiding permanent damage.
ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates
We all know the devastation that a fire can leave behind. That being said, not many are aware of the fact that the resulting smoke, soot, and other corrosive byproducts that take shape as a result of the fire can be just as damaging. Even the water that is used to combat the conflagration can cause damage if it is not addressed quickly. Results of a fire can range from permanent etching and foul odors to mold growth and more. Here at ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc., we can arrive within 2 to 4 hours of your call to provide full fire damage restoration services. This includes limiting the spread of the damage, restoring structural elements of your property, and salvaging your furnishings and personal belongings to the fullest extent possible.
ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc. is one of the most trusted names in the restoration industry because of our comprehensive approach to reversing property damage. When you choose to utilize our fire damage restoration services, you can expect the following:
- Rapid Response: We are available 24 hours a day at (603) 967-4744, and can have a highly trained team of technicians on-site within 2 to 4 hours of your call.
- Emergency Pre-Cleaning: We work as swiftly as possible to clean structural elements and personal items before permanent damage takes hold.
- Content Cleaning and Pack-Out: We clean, deodorize, and restore all of your belongings on-site or at one of our facilities to the fullest extent possible.
- Wall and Ceiling Cleaning: We clean and restore walls and ceilings to return your rooms to normal.
- Restoration: We restore all affected areas to their original condition.
- Odor Removal: We clean and deodorize affected areas, air spaces, and belongings.
Dos and Don’ts Following a Fire
- Do contact ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc. as soon as possible to limit the extent of the damage, and restore your property and belongings.
- Do not touch walls, woodwork, upholstery, etc. with your skin.
- Do open windows and doors (if outdoor conditions permit) in order to increase air circulation.
- Do not attempt to clean soot off of walls, as this can increase damage if done improperly.
- Do clean Formica, chrome, aluminum, and porcelain fixtures to prevent etching and tarnishing.
- Do not attempt to clean carpeting or upholstery.
- Do change the air filter in your furnace if it uses forced hot air, and tape a damp cheesecloth over return and supply registers to remove soot from the air.
- Do not use electrical appliances until they have been professionally inspected.
- Do clean the inside of your refrigerator if the power has gone out.
- Do not keep or eat open food packages.
- Do send smoke damaged clothing to a restoration dry cleaner.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is, or was, wet.
Fires are complex beasts that cause an array of issues, but we address them all through our fire damage restoration services. If you reside in the Manchester, NH or surrounding areas, and have experienced a fire on your property, we encourage you to give us a call at (603) 967-4744. Our representatives at ServiceMaster by Disaster Associates, Inc. are available 24 hours a day, and can have a team of technicians on your property within 2 to 4 hours of your call.