Mold is one of the most dangerous contaminants that can inhabit a home or building because it can cause major property damage as well as serious health effects. Moisture is the main cause of indoor mold as it typically forms on wet materials including: wood, drywall, wallpaper, insulation, and carpeting. Once the mold growth forms, it uses the affected surfaces as a food source which can lead to severe structural damage. Exposure to the mold spores can lead to health issues as well, such as allergic reactions (coughing, skin irritation, throat inflammation, etc.) and respiratory infections.
ServiceMaster of Lancaster County provides mold remediation services to detect and remove mold from homes and businesses in Lincoln, NE. As mold growth spreads quickly, it will increase the risk of serious property damage or health effects; therefore, make sure to call us as soon as you notice the first sign of mold growth.
Mold Removal Lincoln NE
Damage from the Mold Growth
Your home or building can experience mold growth within just 48 hours of being affected by water damage or excess moisture. Mold is a major risk to cause serious structural damage because mold colonies consume cellulose, an organic substance found in most building materials, as a food source. This means that the mold will devour these surfaces, eventually causing extensive damage that cannot be restored.
Ultimately, the longer you wait to have the mold removed, the more likely it is for the mold to spread to new areas and cause deep structural damage. The health issues caused by mold will also become much worse with prolonged exposure.
At ServiceMaster of Lancaster County, we use advanced equipment to test your home or building for mold and make sure that it is completely removed. Our infrared technology will help us locate mold in hidden areas and our powerful chemicals will remove the mold growth, preventing it from returning. We will also restore or replace the damaged materials.
Mold Removal Tips
Discovering Mold – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster of Lancaster County for immediate mold remediation.
- Wear proper protection equipment, including eye wear, gloves, and a breathing mask when present around the mold.
- Wipe down any walls that contain condensation but not mold.
- Inspect the air duct system for signs of mold.
- Increase the air flow throughout the property by turning on the air conditioning unit or overhead fan.
- Use a dehumidifier if you have one.
Mold Removal – What NOT to Do:
- Do not clean any moldy surfaces yourself.
- Do not place a fan directly in front of the mold.
- Do not paint or caulk over any moldy surfaces.
- Do not disturb any visible mold.
Our mold remediation services include the following steps:
- Complete assessment of the home or building to discover the extent of the problem. We will perform testing at this stage to find all mold growth.
- Report of our assessment to your insurance provider.
- Containment of the mold growth to prevent it from spreading.
- Creation of a mold remediation plan to remove mold growth from the home or building.
- Cleaning and restoration of the damaged areas after the mold is removed.
Contact Us for a Free Estimate
The property damage and health effects that are caused by mold will each get worse until the mold growth is removed completely. As soon as you notice mold in your home or business in Lincoln, NE, contact ServiceMaster of Lancaster County to remove it with our mold remediation services.
You can call us any time at (402) 413-8966 to remove mold from your home or business.
Related Mold Removal Services:
Mold Removal Company Hastings, NE
Mold Damage Cleanup Services Grand Island, NE
Mold Remediation Services Gretna, NE
Mold Damage Repair Papillion, NE
Mold Mitigation Bellevue, NE
Mold Remediation Sarpy County
Mold Removal Services Omaha, NE
Mold Removal Company Elkhorn, NE
Mold Removal Contractors La Vista, NE
Mold Remediation Omaha, NE
Mold Remediation Services Elkhorn, NE
Mold Remediation Contractors La Vista, NE