NuEra Restoration and Remodeling
There is always a risk for fires to occur within every home and building, as they can be caused by candles, electrical problems, cooking, and other hazards. After a fire starts, it will spread quickly causing chemical combustion to all building materials and items in its path.
In the event of a fire, don’t hesitate to evacuate everyone and call the fire department to extinguish the flames. But even after the flames are out, the remaining materials still face the risk of damage. Corrosive byproducts produced by the fire will spread smoke and soot throughout the property, causing etching and tarnishing. This is why emergency fire restoration services are needed immediately after putting out the fire.
NuEra Restoration and Remodeling is available in Elmhurst, IL to provide fire damage restoration services to fully restore affected homes and buildings. Our IICRC-certified technicians can handle properties of all sizes, providing everything from structural repairs to smoke and soot removal. Just be sure to call us immediately to prevent the spread of damage and limit downtime spent during the restoration process.
Each of our technicians has passed a detailed background check and is licensed and experienced to return your property to its previous condition. We also use professional products and equipment to safely restore household surfaces.
Fire Damage Restoration
As it’s important to know that fire damage will continue to spread long after the flames are out as the corrosive byproducts that include smoke and soot still linger in the property. This is why it’s important to call for emergency services.
As soon as it lands on the remaining surfaces, smoke and soot will cause permanent damage through etching and tarnishing. To limit the spread of these byproducts, professional cleaning agents and equipment must be used to clean the affected areas.
As soon as NuEra Restoration and Remodeling arrives, we will prevent the smoke and soot from spreading as well as stabilize the property structure. A detailed restoration plan is then developed to quickly restore each damaged surface and item. Our technicians use perfected methods that guarantee efficient and effective cleaning as well as detailed strategies to rebuild your property.
It can be difficult to determine whether or not to file an insurance claim after a fire, but we can help you with this decision after completing an initial assessment of the damage. If the restoration estimate is higher than your deductible, we will bill the cost directly to your insurance company.
Fire Damage Restoration – Do the following:
- Start the restoration process right away by calling NuEra Restoration and Remodeling
- If the temperature outside is below 60 degrees, air out the smoke and fumes by opening the windows
- Move your children and pets to a family member or friend’s home as the lingering smoke and soot create a dangerous environment.
- Throw away all contaminated food items that were exposed during the fire.
- Document the damage by taking pictures and videos of your property. NuEra Restoration and Remodeling will also use 3D technology to document the damage and provide you and your insurance adjuster with a link to the files.
Prevent additional fire damage by avoiding the following:
- Do not try to clean porous materials with household cleaning agents, including wood, drywall, or furnishings as doing so will only worsen the damage.
- Do not sit on damaged furnishings.
- Do not save any food items exposed during the fire, smoke, or soot.
- Do not use newspapers to cover damaged areas as the ink can cause staining.
- Do not use any appliances or electronics until they have been approved by one of our technicians.
Detailed Loss Documentation with 3D Technology
It can be difficult to accurately document the damage in the aftermath of the fire due to the nature of the damage. But doing so is imperative as it helps to pay for the damage to affected materials and items. NuEra Restoration and Remodeling can provide accurate documentation of the damage using 3D technology. Our findings can also be shared to settle and prevent disputes, ensuring an efficient restoration process.
It’s important for us to come to an agreement with your insurance company before conducting the restoration work. Our 3D technology allows for us to come to an agreement much faster to start the work.
If the damage to your property is not covered by your insurance company, NuEra Restoration and Remodeling provides a price match guarantee to keep your out of pocket expenses low. This means that we can meet or beat the cost of other restoration professionals who also conduct work in accordance with the IICRC.
Contact Us for Fire Damage Restoration in Elmhurst, IL
NuEra Restoration and Remodeling is available at (630) 656-9915 in Elmhurst, IL and the surrounding areas to provide emergency fire damage restoration services.
Helpful Fire Damage Repair Tips and Information
Following a disaster, residential properties often necessitate extensive restoration due to potential hazards and instability. This is a typical result that can occur following a fire that has inflicted damage to your residence.
Certain occupations carry a higher risk of soot exposure, but homeowners may also come into contact with this hazardous substance. Soot is often present in residential areas, including households with fireplaces, basement furnaces, and engine exhaust. The small size of soot particles may have health implications.
Grease fires are considered to be potentially dangerous as they can cause both harm to individuals and damage to property. The stains on the stovetop are commonly caused by oil, grease, fat, or heat from deep fat fryers. The fires are significant and have the potential to spread rapidly. Here are the steps to take in the event of a grease fire.
Fire and Smoke Damage Frequently Asked Questions
What steps are involved in removing smoke odor from a home or business?
A fire damage restoration professional like NuEra Restoration and Remodeling will take care of smoke removal and smoke damage restoration. If you decide to take the smoke mitigation issue into your own hands, here are the main steps to follow:
- Let It Breathe: Allow fresh air to circulate by opening windows and doors to ventilate and reduce lingering smoke odors.
- Absorb the Smoke: Use odor-absorbing materials like baking soda, activated charcoal, or commercial odor absorbers to help eliminate smoke odors.
- Repaint Ceilings & Walls: Apply a fresh coat of paint to ceilings and walls to cover and seal in smoke residue, reducing the odor.
- Details Matter: Light Bulbs and Air Filters: Replace light bulbs and clean or change air filters, as they can trap and emit smoke odors.
- Wash Windows and Window Coverings: Clean windows and wash window coverings like curtains and blinds to remove smoke residue and odors.
- Refresh Cabinets and Upholstery: Clean and deodorize cabinets and upholstery to eliminate embedded smoke odors.
- Cleanse Carpets and Rugs: Thoroughly clean and deodorize carpets and rugs, as they can trap smoke odors deep within their fibers.
- Floors: Clean and deodorize all types of flooring, such as hardwood, tile, or linoleum, to ensure the complete removal of smoke odors from the premises.
How is water damage addressed after a fire due to firefighting efforts?
A professional restoration company like NuEra Restoration and Remodeling can provide comprehensive restoration services involving both water damage restoration and fire damage restoration. Water damage due to firefighting efforts should be eligible to be covered by your insurance provider when you file a claim.
What is the process for assessing and repairing fire-damaged roofs and ceilings?
The process includes evaluating the extent of the damage, eliminating water, soot, and debris, and restoring the residence to its “pre-loss condition” through construction services. Typical tasks include securing the property, eliminating smoke odors, addressing any hazardous materials (such as asbestos or mold), and reconstructing the home.