As mold is a natural occurrence within the environment, it is necessary to breakdown the necessary materials so that others can grow. Unfortunately, nature does not always agree with us as mold can be a frustrating problem to experience, causing a risk for negative health effects for ourselves and our loved ones. As it has the potential to thrive in moist, dark conditions, water damaged areas create the perfect breeding ground for this uninvited guest. Once it has developed, it has the ability to grow by dispersing its spores to affect new areas of the home. However, RestorationMaster uses professional products and equipment in order to effectively eliminate mold at its source.
Mold Growth on the Property
After discovering water damage, it is essential to have it restored right away; any materials that are wet, especially if they porous, will harbor perfect breeding grounds for mold. In addition, if there is a high moisture level and/or it continues to rise, mildew is able to develop and eat away at the cellulose contained within the materials. While small, simple cases of mold may be treated with vinegar, it is not recommended as improper cleaning can only cause it to retreat further within the affected area. There are also various types of mold as some tend to be more dangerous than others, such as black mold. This is why it is important to call a professional mold remediation company such as RestorationMaster to effectively remove all cases of mold on the property.
Mold Remediation – What to Do
- Call RestorationMaster to effectively eliminate the mold and prevent it from spreading.
- Dry off any walls and floors containing condensation and do not have any direct contact with the mold. Repair any water leaks within the home or building.
- Allow for proper air ventilation by opening the windows and doors as long as outside conditions are permissible.
- Always wear protective equipment when present around the mold, such as gloves, glasses, and a mouth cover.
- Lower the humidity and moisture levels on the property by turning on the air conditioning unit and/or dehumidifier.
- Inspect the HVAC system of your home for water leaks.
Mold Restoration – What NOT to Do
- Do not try to clean the mold yourself as improper cleaning methods can cause the mold to disperse its spores, spreading further in addition to creating negative health effects if inhaled.
- Do not try to caulk or paint over any affected surfaces.
- Do not place a fan directly in front of the mold.
- Do not disturb any visible mold.
Mold Damage Restoration
We not only treat all areas on the property for mold growth, we conduct mold inspection to find each case of hidden mold. We also identify areas that are at high risk for growing mold in the future. After locating the mold, we then remove it completely in addition to securing all areas that are at risk for future growth. After the remediation process is complete, we will work to restore the affected materials while applying deodorizers to effectively remove the odor. This is also to prevent it from growing in the future.
As mold is essential for the natural breakdown of organic materials, it certainly does not belong in our homes and buildings as it proves to be dangerous for humans. This is why it is important to call RestorationMaster as soon as possible in order to not only remove the mold at its source but to prevent it from spreading. Our team of technicians have years of experience in operating advanced equipment and applying effective products to restore a mold-free environment once again. We are available 24/7 at 888-915-8868 in Albany, OR 97322 and the surrounding communities.