Water Damage Related Info
- Water Damage Restoration – FAQ
- Emergency Water Restoration Checklist
- Understanding Drying Process
- How To Keep Your Property Safe From Water & Fire Damage
As water damage is the most common type of natural disaster that can occur within a building or home, it can be derived from numerous sources. These can include one or more of the following: burst/frozen pipes, water leaks, air conditioning unit, flooding, sewer backups, rainstorms, and more. However, when dealing with severe water damage, such as flooding, the safety of all individuals on the property is compromised. While it is most important to ensure that all affected individuals are safe from harm, it is imperative to call RestorationMaster for emergency water damage or flood cleanup services from the affected area(s) of the property. This is to not only restore the damage but prevent it from spreading to other unaffected materials. Our technicians are skilled in providing professional services for over 35 years, using advanced drying equipment and products to efficiently repair the damaged materials.
Water Damage Repair
While a small puddle of water may not seem so bad to clean up, a few inches of standing water is another story. As this will quickly soak into porous materials, such as drywall, insulation, subfloors, carpet, and fabrics, it is essential to take immediate action. The damage can result in cracks, discoloration, and deterioration if not treated quickly. In addition, these conditions will harbor the perfect conditions for mold and mildew to grow. This is where the safety of others is affected if they come into direct contact with the growing fungus. If there has been water damage left untreated over a period of time, RestorationMaster highly recommends a mold inspection in order to identify all sources and remediate them completely.
Our water restoration process includes the following
- Full examination – identification of the source
- Extracting the water
- Evaluating the condition of furnishings, upholstery, and building materials
- Odor removal and applying anti-microbials
- Installation of high-velocity air movers
- Help with insurance claims
Water Damage Cleaning – What to Do
- Call RestorationMaster right away for immediate water damage restoration and to limit the spread of damage.
- Mop or blot dry as much as the water as possible before the technicians arrive.
- Pick up wet area rugs, especially those that are colored. Place on a coat hanger to dry in addition to other items that are not tacked down to the floor.
- Wipe down any furnishings and building materials, including: floors, walls, upholstery, tables, chairs to prevent mold growth. Prop up any sofa cushions and pillows for effective drying.
- Place wet, damaged items in a safe, dry location.
- Pack all books tightly within the shelves until the technicians can begin the drying process.
- Leave open any doors, cabinets, and drawers to allow for proper air ventilation.
Water Damage Cleaning – What to Avoid
- Do not try to use any household vacuum to extract the water.
- Do not disturb visible mold.
- Do not try to remove anything that is attached to the floor until the technicians arrive.
- Do not enter any room with standing water until the electricity has been completely shut off.
- Do not operate any electrical machinery without getting clearance from a technician.
RestorationMaster provides professional water damage restoration services for both residential and commercial properties. In addition to their frequent training, our technicians have years of experiencing restoring the affected materials using advanced products and equipment. If your property has been affected, it is important to call us right away to limit the spread of damage. We are available 24/7 at 888-915-8868 for all water damage and flooding emergencies in the Albany, OR 97322 area.