Water damage at your home or business can happen at any time. It may be caused by rain, a leaky appliance, or a burst pipe. Water can easily seep into various materials and greatly damage them by causing warping, tarnishing, or corrosion. The biggest danger of water damage at your property is having it seep into porous building materials. This can make them unstable and cause mold growth.
RestorationMaster offers water damage restoration services to homes and businesses in Tega Cay, SC. We remove excess water, clean and dry the affected areas, and restore your property back to its original state.
Damage Caused by Water
When there is standing water at your property, it will seep into walls, flooring, and other porous materials and cause major structural damage. If the water is left unattended for too long on various materials, it can cause rotting, warping, and discoloration.
Where there is water damage, it is almost guaranteed there will be mold growth. Mold can cause allergy-like symptoms such as sneezing, and coughing, and with prolonged exposure, some serious upper respiratory issues. If you have water damage at your home or business, make sure to react right away to prevent the damage from spreading. It is always best to call a professional water removal company so they can stabilize the property, dry it out, and make sure it is mold-free.
Water damage can be costly, so it is important that you react immediately to stop the spread of water and possible structural damage.
Water Damage Restoration in Tega Cay, SC
If you have water damage at your home or business, make sure to contact us. We will arrive right away and start working on removing excess water so that we can limit the damage.
RestorationMaster is here for your 24/7 for water damage restoration emergencies in Tega Cay, SC. We will remove excess water and moisture and dry any affected areas. This includes furnishings and structural elements which are at a high risk of developing mold growth. Our highly skilled technicians follow IICRC standards when doing water damage restoration. We also work with your insurance company to make sure your claim gets processed.
You should call RestorationMaster as soon you notice water damage at your home or business.
What to Do in Case of Water Damage
- Check for slip hazards
- Find and stop the moisture source
- Move fragile items and small furniture out of the way
- To prevent staining of the carpet, put some foil under the furniture legs
- Take books, shoes, fabrics, and any other paper products to a safe location
- Contact a water restoration company for emergency cleanup
What NOT to Do in Case of Water Damage
- If there are any personal hygiene products that have been affected by water damage, do not use them
- Standing water should not be vacuumed by a standard vacuum
- You should not run the heating or cooling system
- Do not adjust the thermostat
- Avoid walking on wet surfaces more than you must
Flood Cleanup in Tega Cay, SC
Flooding can cause major damage to your property. Make sure that you address it quickly to avoid further damage. Reach out to our water damage restoration professionals so we can find the source of the water and then remediate the issue. We have the specialized tools and methods to remove all the excess water and prevent mold growth and further structural damage.
You should first get the water removed from your home. Next, all the affected areas should be dried out and dehumidified. This includes your belongings, so they do not get moldy. This may take at least a few days but will depend on the amount of water that was inside and how long it was standing before it was cleaned up.
It is also important for you to make sure that all your belongings are dry before putting them back in their place. If items are left wet too long, they could be permanently damaged. To make sure you get the best results, you should hire a professional water restoration company to help you.
Call us for Water Damage Restoration in Tega Cay, SC
Contact RestorationMaster for your water damage restoration needs in Tega Cay, SC. Our highly skilled technicians will make sure to remove excess water, dry and clean the area, and fully restore it.
We are available 24/7 for all your water damage emergencies at (980) 888-8456.
Water Damage FAQ
- What Are the Common Causes of Water Damage?
- Plumbing issues: Burst or leaky pipes, backed-up sewers or drains, and malfunctioning appliances can all cause water damage.
- Weather events: Flooding due to heavy rain, snowmelt, or hurricanes can cause water damage.
- Roof leaks: Poorly maintained roofs or damaged shingles can allow water to seep in and cause damage.
- Faulty appliances: Appliances such as washing machines, dishwashers, and water heaters can malfunction and cause leaks.
- Structural issues: Poorly constructed buildings or homes can be prone to water damage, particularly in areas where there is a high-water table.
- Humidity: High levels of humidity can cause water damage over time, particularly in poorly ventilated areas.
- Human error: Accidents such as leaving a bathtub running, overflowing sinks or toilets, or leaving a window open during a storm can all lead to water damage.
It’s important to be proactive in preventing water damage by regularly inspecting your home or property, maintaining your appliances and plumbing, and being prepared for weather events that could cause flooding.
- Is Water Damage an Emergency?
Yes, water damage can be considered an emergency, especially if it is extensive or poses a safety risk. Water damage can lead to structural damage, mold growth, and health hazards, so it is important to address it promptly to prevent further damage and potential health risks.
In some cases, water damage can be an immediate threat to safety. For example, if water is flooding into your home due to a burst pipe, it can create slippery conditions and electrical hazards. In such situations, it is important to turn off the main water supply and power to your home and evacuate if necessary.
- What Are the Common Signs of Water Damage?
- The signs of water damage can vary depending on the severity and cause of the damage, but some common signs include:
- Stains or discoloration on walls or ceilings: Water stains can be yellowish or brownish in color and often appear in irregular shapes.
- Musty or damp odors: Water damage can lead to the growth of mold and mildew, which can produce a musty or damp smell.
- Peeling or bubbling paint or wallpaper: Moisture can cause paint and wallpaper to peel or bubble, especially in areas with high humidity.
- Warping or buckling of floors or walls: Water damage can cause wood floors and walls to warp or buckle and can also cause tile or vinyl flooring to loosen or lift.
- Sounds of dripping or running water: If you can hear water running or dripping, but cannot find the source, it could be a sign of hidden water damage.
- High humidity or condensation: If your home feels consistently damp or you notice excessive condensation on windows, it could be a sign of water damage or high humidity levels.
- Visible mold growth: Mold often grows in areas with high moisture levels, so if you see mold growing on surfaces or in corners, it could be a sign of water damage.
Water Removal Rock Hill, SC
Water Damage Restoration Charlotte, NC
Water Extraction Fort Mills and Indian Land, SC
Water Removal Services Newport, SC
Water Removal Services Spring Valley, SC
Water Damage Restoration Pineville, NC
Water Removal Specialists Riverview, SC