Home and business owners may experience different types of property damage, but water damage is by far the most common. It is difficult to prevent excess water from getting inside as pipe bursts, overflows, and leaks can cause just as much damage as excess water from outside sources like heavy rain or natural floods. Any level of water damage should be considered an emergency because it can spread far and deep through porous building materials, increasing the risk of mold and structural damage.
RestorationMaster provides water damage restoration and cleanup services to repair homes and businesses in Charlotte, NC that have sustained damage from excess water or flooding. We use advanced drying and water extraction equipment to completely remove all water and moisture, effectively cleaning and restoring materials affected by water damage.
Damage Caused by Excess Water
If the proper actions are not taken quickly, water damage in Charlotte, NC can cause serious issues that require extensive restoration services. Most building materials used in a home or building, including flooring, carpeting, woodwork, drywall, and insulation, are porous. These materials allow water to get absorbed in them, which will not only cause damage, such as warping, discoloration, and buckling but will also spread the damage over a much larger area.
If these building materials become inundated with enough water, they could experience serious structural damage. Mold is another possible effect of water damage, as excess water and moisture create favorable conditions for mold to take hold. The quicker you react to water damage, the less likely you are to experience serious structural damage or mold growth.
Licensed Water Damage Cleanup Services
Our technicians at RestorationMaster in Charlotte, NC are properly trained and certified to deal with all levels of water damage, from a slow leak to major flooding. We will arrive as soon as possible to stop the water from spreading to new areas in order to help limit the damage. Once we contain the water, we will set up our state-of-the-art water extraction and drying equipment to remove standing water and moisture from affected materials. We also treat the affected areas with anti-microbial applications to prevent mold growth and eliminate other harmful microorganisms that may be present in the water.
Our water damage restoration and cleanup services include the following steps:
- Initial assessment of the damage
- Extraction of water and excess moisture
- Anti-microbial applications
- Drying: air movement
- Drying: dehumidification
- Drying: monitoring
Sometimes water damage can be extensive and cause a range of problems on your property. We can provide the following specialized services as part of the water damage restoration and cleanup process in Charlotte, NC:
- Structural drying
- Document drying and recovery
- Drywall replacement
- Drying of carpeting and wet wood floors
- Mold removal (if needed)
- Content cleaning and pack-out services
- Emergency board-up services
- Debris removal
Water Damage FAQ
- What Are the Common Causes of Water Damage?
- Plumbing issues: Burst or leaky pipes, backed-up sewers or drains, and malfunctioning appliances can all cause water damage.
- Weather events: Flooding due to heavy rain, snowmelt, or hurricanes can cause water damage.
- Roof leaks: Poorly maintained roofs or damaged shingles can allow water to seep in and cause damage.
- Faulty appliances: Appliances such as washing machines, dishwashers, and water heaters can malfunction and cause leaks.
- Structural issues: Poorly constructed buildings or homes can be prone to water damage, particularly in areas where there is a high-water table.
- Humidity: High levels of humidity can cause water damage over time, particularly in poorly ventilated areas.
- Human error: Accidents such as leaving a bathtub running, overflowing sinks or toilets, or leaving a window open during a storm can all lead to water damage.
It’s important to be proactive in preventing water damage by regularly inspecting your home or property, maintaining your appliances and plumbing, and being prepared for weather events that could cause flooding.
- Is Water Damage an Emergency?
Yes, water damage can be considered an emergency, especially if it is extensive or poses a safety risk. Water damage can lead to structural damage, mold growth, and health hazards, so it is important to address it promptly to prevent further damage and potential health risks.
In some cases, water damage can be an immediate threat to safety. For example, if water is flooding into your home due to a burst pipe, it can create slippery conditions and electrical hazards. In such situations, it is important to turn off the main water supply and power to your home and evacuate if necessary.
- What Are the Common Signs of Water Damage?
- The signs of water damage can vary depending on the severity and cause of the damage, but some common signs include:
- Stains or discoloration on walls or ceilings: Water stains can be yellowish or brownish in color and often appear in irregular shapes.
- Musty or damp odors: Water damage can lead to the growth of mold and mildew, which can produce a musty or damp smell.
- Peeling or bubbling paint or wallpaper: Moisture can cause paint and wallpaper to peel or bubble, especially in areas with high humidity.
- Warping or buckling of floors or walls: Water damage can cause wood floors and walls to warp or buckle and can also cause tile or vinyl flooring to loosen or lift.
- Sounds of dripping or running water: If you can hear water running or dripping, but cannot find the source, it could be a sign of hidden water damage.
- High humidity or condensation: If your home feels consistently damp or you notice excessive condensation on windows, it could be a sign of water damage or high humidity levels.
- Visible mold growth: Mold often grows in areas with high moisture levels, so if you see mold growing on surfaces or in corners, it could be a sign of water damage.
Call us for Water Damage Restoration in Charlotte, NC
If there is any type of water damage in your home or building, it is crucial to react immediately to prevent the damage from becoming extensive. Our technicians at RestorationMaster can help those affected by water damage in Charlotte, NC with our water damage restoration and cleanup services.
We are available 24 hours a day at (980) 888-8456 to respond to your water damage emergencies. Call us today for a free estimate.
Related Water Damage Restoration Services
- Water Damage Restoration Rock Hill, SC
- Water Damage Restoration Fort Mill & Indian Land, SC
- Water Damage Restoration in Pineville, NC
- Water Damage Restoration in Red River, SC
- Water Damage Restoration in Newport, SC
- Water Damage Restoration in Tega Cay, SC
- Water Damage Restoration in Spring Valley, SC
- Water Damage Restoration in Riverview, SC