Appliance care can be a hassle to fit into your busy life. Dishwashers, stoves, washing machines and outside equipment can take a lot of time tending to. If you set aside one machine per month, you can have well maintained appliances year round. One of the most frequently used appliances is our washing machines. This holds exceptionally true when family’s start to grow. To prevent calling a repair man, learn how to clean your washing machine in just a couple hours.
How To Clean Your Washing Machine
1. The outside of your machine can easily be wiped down with an all-purpose disinfectant wipe. Soap residue and dust starts to build up on the surface and back of the machine. Keeping dust off of your washing machine and connections will ensure that it works properly.
2. Washing the inside of your machine will help your clothes become cleaner and rid the machine of moldy smells. First thing you need is a bottle of white vinegar and baking soda, as well as a scrub brush.
– Start you machine with the hottest water setting.
– As the machine is filling, poor a quart of vinegar into the washing machine.
– Next, add a cup of baking soda and leave the lid open for about an hour.
– After that hour, let the wash run with the top closed until finished.
– Repeat this with only vinegar once more and scrub the interior with your brush to remove any left over residue. Follow up with a rag to ensure nothing is left behind.
To keep the inside of your machine clean, repeat this once a year. It is always a good idea to keep the washing machine door open when not in use to prevent mold and mildew from forming, this hold especially true for front loaders.
In case you have a washing machine mishap or flooding damage in your home, make sure to call a water damage specialist in your area.