United Water Restoration Group of Charlotte
The sight of mold growth can be very frustrating as it leads to property damage and discoloration of the affected surfaces, but it can also cause negative health effects including allergies and infection. For the protection of your health and your property, you must call a certified professional to safely and effectively remove the mold. United Water Restoration Group of Charlotte provides mold remediation services to remove mold contaminations from homes and businesses in Rock Hill, SC. It is important to have our professionals remove the mold growth because doing so improperly will cause the mold to disperse its spores and spread further throughout the home.
What Causes Mold?
Mold is often found in moist, dark environments and it requires an organic food source and a moisture source to grow. It spreads throughout a home or building by releasing its spores in the air and until it is removed by a remediation professional, it will continue to spread. You should keep the following in mind concerning mold growth:
- Mold growth can happen within 48 hours of water damage or an increase in moisture.
- Flooding, slow leaks, condensation, broken pipes, or high humidity can create conditions in which mold can thrive.
- Cellulose, which is found in wood and drywall, is a common organic food source for mold.
Damage Caused by Mold
Because mold growth uses the affected materials as its food source, it can greatly weaken materials like wood and drywall, leading to serious structural damage. It is also always a risk to spread to new areas and may even appear in hidden areas such as behind walls. Our mold remediation professionals will make sure to find all mold growth on your property, including hidden mold.
The other major issue with mold growth is the potential health effects. Exposure to mold can trigger the following:
- Nasal and sinus congestion
- Sore throat
- Chest tightness
- Trouble breathing
- Skin and eye irritation
- Upper respiratory tract infections
The best action you can take against mold is to prevent it from growing in the first place. The following tips can help you effectively prevent mold in your home:
- Keep indoor humidity between 30 and 50 percent and measure regularly with a humidity meter.
- Dry off surfaces that are wet from condensation.
- Keep your kitchen and bathroom well-ventilated.
- Lower the humidity in your home with a dehumidifier or air conditioning.
- Fix areas where you have noticed moisture or condensation.
- Use mold-resistant materials and products in your home.
Contact us for Mold Removal and Mold Remediation in Rock Hill, SC
Each of our technicians is IICRC certified and fully prepared with the right equipment to remove mold from any type of setting. We start by isolating the mold to prevent it from spreading any further and then thoroughly remove all mold growth using advanced cleaning products and equipment. Mold can eventually cause irreversible damage to the affected surfaces if it is not removed as well as leave a musty odor. We will make sure the odor has been removed and take action to prevent future mold growth.
If you discover mold in your home or building in Rock Hill, SC, make sure you call United Water Restoration Group of Charlotte to have our professionals provide mold remediation services. We will immediately isolate the mold contamination to prevent it from spreading and make sure that all mold growth is completely removed.
You can reach us 24 hours a day at (980) 888-8456 for mold remediation in Rock Hill, SC.