Mold growth is an unwelcome, but common occurrence. It can occur anywhere in your home, causing discoloration and physical damage to your property. Even a small amount of mold growth can eventually spread throughout the property and cause it to decay and collapse while adversely affecting your health and that of your family. When faced with unwanted mold growth, the first thing you should do is call a professional mold remediation company like the RestorationMaster.
RestorationMaster provides mold remediation services to help affected homes and businesses in Newport, SC. Our professionals will be able to remove the mold much faster and safer than you would be able to on your own, allowing you to return to a clean home sooner.
What Causes Mold?
Mold can grow in many different environments, but it especially thrives in dark, enclosed areas containing moisture and organic food sources for it to feed on. Mold often appears on the surface of walls, ceilings, and floors, as well as in carpeting, insulation, and other porous materials. It is important for homeowners to remember that no matter how tidy their homes are, mold can grow anywhere it has access to moisture and food.
Mold is a type of fungus with many different varieties that grows anywhere that has moisture and enough organic food to support its survival. This can be on the surface of walls, ceilings, and floors, as well as in carpeting, insulation, and other porous materials. The important thing to remember about mold is that it will grow wherever it finds nutrients and moisture, regardless of how clean your home may seem otherwise. Be aware of the following regarding mold growth:
- Mold growth can happen within 48 hours of water damage or an increase in moisture.
- Flooding, slow leaks, condensation, broken pipes, or high humidity can create conditions in which mold can thrive.
- Cellulose, which is found in wood and drywall, is a common organic food source for mold
Damage Caused by Mold
Mold actively feeds off of building materials such as wood and drywall, breaking them down and causing severe structural damage as it takes root. Because it only requires moisture and an organic food source to survive, mold can spread in your home quickly to areas in which you may not even notice it. When we perform mold remediation, we inspect your home carefully for all traces of mold growth to make sure it is eliminated completely.
In addition to the damage it causes your property, mold exposure can also lead to adverse health effects including Coughing, Nasal and sinus congestion, Sore throat, Chest tightness, Trouble breathing, Headaches, Skin and eye irritation, Asthma, Upper respiratory tract infections.
Mold can wreak havoc on your home even in a short period of time. To reliably prevent mold from growing in the first place, adhere to the following tips:
- Keep indoor humidity between 30 and 50 percent and measure regularly with a humidity meter.
- Dry off surfaces that are wet from condensation.
- Keep your kitchen and bathroom well-ventilated.
- Lower the humidity in your home with a dehumidifier or air conditioning.
- Fix areas where you have noticed moisture or condensation.
- Use mold-resistant materials and products in your home.
Mold Removal and Mold Remediation in Newport, SC
With our experienced team of certified professionals, advanced techniques, and state-of-the-art equipment, we ensure a thorough and efficient mold remediation process.
- Inspection and Assessment: Our certified mold removal experts will conduct a thorough inspection to identify the presence of mold and determine the extent of the infestation. We use advanced tools and techniques to assess the affected areas, including hidden or hard-to-reach spots.
- Containment and Safety: To prevent the spread of mold spores, we establish containment barriers using specialized equipment. We ensure that the affected areas are isolated, protecting the rest of your property during the removal process. We also take necessary precautions to protect our team and occupants from exposure to mold.
- Mold Removal and Remediation: Our skilled technicians employ industry-approved methods to safely remove mold from your property. We utilize specialized equipment, such as HEPA air filtration systems, to capture and remove airborne mold spores. We clean and disinfect affected surfaces using effective antimicrobial treatments.
- Moisture Control and Prevention: Addressing the underlying moisture issues is crucial to prevent future mold growth. We identify and rectify the source of moisture, whether it’s a leaky pipe, poor ventilation, or high humidity. Our experts provide recommendations on improving the moisture control in your property to prevent mold recurrence.
- Restoration and Testing: Once the mold removal process is complete, we restore your property to its pre-mold condition. We conduct final air quality testing to ensure that the mold has been successfully eradicated, providing you with peace of mind.
Contact RestorationMaster today for Mold Removal
We equip our team with all the top-notch training and equipment needed to perform a job well done. Our process begins with isolating the mold to keep it from spreading, followed by thorough mold removal using only the most effective techniques. This will stop further mold growth in its tracks and reverse the damage the growth has already caused.
RestorationMaster is the company you can trust to safely eliminate mold from your Newport, SC home or business. We work hard to respond to your emergency as quickly as possible.
You can reach our team 24/7 at (980) 888-8456 for professional mold remediation services.