Mold is an unwanted organism that can cause discoloration, physical damage to your property, and even negative health effects for you and your family. Even a small amount of mold growth can spread throughout the property, eventually causing decay and collapse. The best thing you can do to protect yourself and your home from the dangerous effects of mold is to call a certified professional as quickly as possible to safely remove it. In Riverview, SC, RestorationMaster is the go-to company for home and business owners for professional mold remediation. Attempting to remove mold with incorrect techniques can often cause more harm than good.
What Causes Mold?
Mold is a type of fungus with many different varieties that grows anywhere that has moisture and enough organic food to support its survival. This can be on the surface of walls, ceilings, and floors, as well as in carpeting, insulation, and other porous materials. The important thing to remember about mold is that it will grow wherever it finds nutrients and moisture, regardless of how clean your home may seem otherwise. Be aware of the following regarding mold growth:
- Mold growth can happen within 48 hours of water damage or an increase in moisture.
- Flooding, slow leaks, condensation, broken pipes, or high humidity can create conditions in which mold can thrive.
- Cellulose, which is found in wood and drywall, is a common organic food source for mold
Damage Caused by Black Mold
Mold actively feeds off of building materials such as wood and drywall, breaking them down and causing severe structural damage as it takes root. Because it only requires moisture and an organic food source to survive, mold can spread in your home quickly to areas in which you may not even notice it. When we perform mold remediation, we inspect your home carefully for all traces of mold growth to make sure it is eliminated completely.
In addition to the damage it causes your property, mold exposure can also lead to adverse health effects including:
- Nasal and sinus congestion
- Sore throat
- Chest tightness
- Trouble breathing
- Skin and eye irritation
- Upper respiratory tract infections
Mold can wreak havoc on your home even in a short period of time. To most reliably prevent mold from growing in the first place, adhere to the following tips:
- Keep indoor humidity between 30 and 50 percent and measure regularly with a humidity meter.
- Dry off surfaces that are wet from condensation.
- Keep your kitchen and bathroom well-ventilated.
- Lower the humidity in your home with a dehumidifier or air conditioning.
- Fix areas where you have noticed moisture or condensation.
- Use mold-resistant materials and products in your home.
Contact RestorationMaster today for Black Mold Removal
We equip our team with all the top-notch training and equipment needed to perform a job well done. Our process begins with isolating the mold to keep it from spreading, followed by thorough mold removal using only the most effective techniques. This will stop further mold growth in its tracks and reverse the damage the growth has already caused.
RestorationMaster is the company you can trust to safely eliminate mold from your Riverview, SC home or business.
We work hard to respond to your emergency as quickly as possible. You can reach our team 24/7 at (980) 888-8456 for professional mold remediation services.