United Water Restoration Group of Charlotte
Water damage to your Riverview home can originate from many sources—a severe storm, pipe burst, or even a plumbing issue. When water damage problems occur, they can progress quickly due to the ability of water to move and spread through absorbent materials such as drywall, wood, and insulation. It is important to contact a professional restoration company quickly to correct water damage before it becomes more severe.
United Water Restoration Group of Charlotte is the trusted water damage restoration service provider in Riverview, SC. We offer around-the-clock emergency service and always try to be on-site within 2-4 hours of your call to stop the progression of damage and begin the restoration work.
Damage Caused By Water On Your Property
Water is so dangerous inside a home because of how quickly it spreads and the havoc it wreaks on the building’s structure. Left alone for long enough, water can penetrate building materials and contribute to extensive mold growth, compromising the structural integrity of the home. Building materials and furniture that absorb water can become discolored, warped, corroded, or rotted.
Mold is another major problem to be aware of when it comes to water damage. Mold thrives in dark and moist areas, so water damage compromised homes are a perfect breeding ground. Large amounts of mold growth will only intensify the structural damage done to your home by the water.
When you’re facing a water or flooding issue, time is of the essence. The longer you wait to begin restoring the damage, the more severe and costly it will become. That’s why we pride ourselves on providing fast service and being on-site for our customers within two to four
hours of the initial call, on average.
Professional Water Mitigation
Our United Water Restoration Group of Charlotte team is available 24/7 to respond to excess water emergencies. Our process starts with extracting most of the excess water and continues with using specialized equipment to dry affected areas.
The removal of this water will stop structural damage in its tracks and prevent mold and mildew growth from progressing.
We are IICRC certified and follow the organization’s strict guidelines for dealing with water damage. If you need to file an insurance claim to get your repairs covered, we can assist with that as well.
Call us immediately when you see signs of water damage and we will be there as quickly as we can to assist. In the meantime:
What to Do After Water Damage
To prevent mold growth and other issues, water removal is necessary. Restoration companies are experts at removing water from your home or business.
- Watch out for slip hazards
- Try to stop the source of the water or moisture
- Move valuable or fragile items as well as small furniture to a safe and secure location
- Put foil under furniture legs to prevent the carpet from staining
- Put items that could sustain water damage such as shoes, books, paper products, fabrics, and house plants in a safe location
- Contact United Water Restoration Group of Charlotte for emergency cleanup
What Not to Do After Water Damage
- Do not use any personal hygiene products that have been affected
- Do not try to remove standing water with a vacuum
- Do not run your heating or cooling system
- Do not adjust the thermostat
- Do not walk into a room with standing water
- Do not walk on wet surfaces more than you have to
Flood Cleanup in Riverview, SC
The damage caused by flooding can be severe. The sooner you act, the better chance you have of restoring it fully.
The first order of business when dealing with floods is to identify and fix the source of the flooding. Without first doing this, all other restoration efforts will be useless. After the initial moisture has been removed and the flooding has stopped, structural damage and mold growth will no longer advance.
With the initial water removed, we can then begin drying and dehumidifying the remaining areas and your personal property to prevent mold.
Our Drying Process
There are many ways that water damage can occur within a home including floods, leaks, a broken pipe, or high humidity, and if water damage is discovered in your home, it is important to have the water removed and begin the restoration process within 48 hours. By reacting quickly to water damage, you can help prevent rust and mold from forming in your home. It is best to call a professional to handle water damage restoration because their services will help prevent excessive damage and decrease the risks of bacteria, fungus, or mold growing in the house. They have the proper tools and equipment to effectively remove water and dry out your home.
- Mechanically Moving Air: Using high speed fans will increase the air circulation for faster drying. These fans can be bought or rented and if there is water damage in the HVAC system, do not use your central air conditioning or furnace blower.
- Dehumidifying: This is an important part of the drying process because it helps remove the water vapor from the air. Dehumidifiers are available in large and portable sizes and they are the most effective when used in a room with the doors and windows shut to prevent more moisture from building.
- Pumping Water: Sump pumps are important pieces of equipment for continuously moving excess water away from the house. Sump pumps can be rented to remove standing water but having a permanent sump pump installed is more effective.
- Remove Soaked Objects: Furniture and wet rugs that are soaked through should be put in the sun to help eliminate the moisture that has built up inside them and linoleum or sheet vinyl flooring should be removed for better evaporation.
- Absorb Moisture: Desiccant materials including silica gel, calcium oxide, and clay can be used to absorb moisture. Place wet items along with desiccant materials in air tight containers and seal them. It may take days or weeks to completely extract the moisture out of wet items using desiccant materials.
RestorationMaster is a full-service restoration company, providing quality water damage mitigation in Riverview, SC. We offer 24-hour emergency response and call-back services, and we assist with filing insurance claims. Our technicians are fully trained to get the job done right. Contact us by phone at (980) 888-8456.
Water Removal Rock Hill, SC
Water Damage Restoration Charlotte, NC
Water Extraction Fort Mills and Indian Land, SC
Water Removal Services Newport, SC
Water Extraction Services India Hook, SC
Water Removal Services Spring Valley, SC
Water Damage Restoration Pineville, NC