All it takes is a burst pipe, heavy rain, sewage backups, or a plumbing leak for excess water to cause damage to your home. Some cases of water damage may start out minor, but it can very quickly become a major problem as water spreads through absorbent building materials including wood, insulation, and drywall. Without quick restoration, these materials can experience serious damage and become affected by mold growth.
RestorationMaster provides water damage restoration services in Rock Hill, SC to remove water and moisture from homes and businesses and help prevent mold growth. We arrive quickly after your call to contain the damage and dry and restore the affected areas.
Damage Caused by Excess Water
Water damage can lead to some pretty serious consequences if you’re not careful. The longer you wait to address the issue, the more likely it is that the water will spread, causing structural damage and mold growth.
- Structural Damage: Excess water can quickly spread through a home or building and as it penetrates the walls and flooring, it increases the risk of serious structural damage as well as mold growth. Building materials and furnishings that absorb water can become discolored, warped, corroded, or rotted. Materials like drywall and wood can lead to serious structural damage.
- Mold Growth: Mold is the other major concern with water damage as moisture is a major trigger for mold growth. The presence of mold will lead to additional damage and put your health at risk. Reacting to water damage immediately will help stop the spread of the water and lower the risk of structural damage and mold growth.
- Damage to Personal Property: Water damage can ruin furniture, carpets, appliances, electronics, and other personal belongings. Restoration or replacement may be necessary, depending on the extent of the damage.
If you have any reason to believe that you’ve encountered water damage in your home or business, don’t waste any time contacting us. We’ll come out immediately and start working on stopping the spread of the water and limiting its effects on your property. Call us at (980) 888-8456.
Emergency Water Damage Restoration in Rock Hill, SC
RestorationMaster is available 24 hours a day to provide water damage restoration in emergency situations. Our technicians carry out the water damage restoration process in accordance with the standards of the IICRC.
It is important to call RestorationMaster immediately after discovering water damage and as you await our arrival, you can help minimize the damage with these tips:
What to Do After Water Damage
- Watch out for slip hazards
- Try to stop the source of the water or moisture
- Move valuable or fragile items as well as small furniture to a safe and secure location
- Put foil under furniture legs to prevent the carpet from staining
- Put items that could sustain water damage such as shoes, books, paper products, fabrics, and house plants in a safe location
- Contact Restoration Company for emergency cleanup
What Not to Do After Water Damage
- Do not use any personal hygiene products that have been affected
- Do not try to remove standing water with a vacuum
- Do not run your heating or cooling system
- Do not adjust the thermostat
- Do not walk into a room with standing water
- Do not walk on wet surfaces more than you have to
Flood Damage Restoration and Cleanup in Rock Hill, SC
Flooding can leave your home in a state of disarray. It’s important to address the flooding quickly because it can have lasting effects on your home and its value.
It is important for your restoration company to address the water source before completing the remediation work. This ensures that all of the moisture has been removed from your home, which helps prevent mold growth and structural damage down the road.
The first step is removing any water from your home. The next step is drying out and dehumidifying your belongings and the surrounding area so that mold does not grow on them. This process can take several days depending on how much water was inside and how long it sat there before being cleaned up.
It is also important for you to make sure that all of your belongings are dry before putting them back into place because moisture can cause damage to furniture or electronics if left untreated for too long without proper care being taken by professionals. While some of this work can be done on your own, for best results you should hire a restoration team.
Water Damage FAQ
- What Are the Common Causes of Water Damage?
- Plumbing issues: Burst or leaky pipes, backed-up sewers or drains, and malfunctioning appliances can all cause water damage.
- Weather events: Flooding due to heavy rain, snowmelt, or hurricanes can cause water damage.
- Roof leaks: Poorly maintained roofs or damaged shingles can allow water to seep in and cause damage.
- Faulty appliances: Appliances such as washing machines, dishwashers, and water heaters can malfunction and cause leaks.
- Structural issues: Poorly constructed buildings or homes can be prone to water damage, particularly in areas where there is a high water table.
- Humidity: High levels of humidity can cause water damage over time, particularly in poorly ventilated areas.
- Human error: Accidents such as leaving a bathtub running, overflowing sinks or toilets, or leaving a window open during a storm can all lead to water damage.
It’s important to be proactive in preventing water damage by regularly inspecting your home or property, maintaining your appliances and plumbing, and being prepared for weather events that could cause flooding.
- Is Water Damage an Emergency?
Yes, water damage can be considered an emergency, especially if it is extensive or poses a safety risk. Water damage can lead to structural damage, mold growth, and health hazards, so it is important to address it promptly to prevent further damage and potential health risks.
In some cases, water damage can be an immediate threat to safety. For example, if water is flooding your home due to a burst pipe, it can create slippery conditions and electrical hazards. In such situations, it is important to turn off the main water supply and power to your home and evacuate if necessary.
- What Are the Common Signs of Water Damage?
- The signs of water damage can vary depending on the severity and cause of the damage, but some common signs include:
- Stains or discoloration on walls or ceilings: Water stains can be yellowish or brownish in color and often appear in irregular shapes.
- Musty or damp odors: Water damage can lead to the growth of mold and mildew, which can produce a musty or damp smell.
- Peeling or bubbling paint or wallpaper: Moisture can cause paint and wallpaper to peel or bubble, especially in areas with high humidity.
- Warping or buckling of floors or walls: Water damage can cause wood floors and walls to warp or buckle and can also cause tile or vinyl flooring to loosen or lift.
- Sounds of dripping or running water: If you can hear water running or dripping, but cannot find the source, it could be a sign of hidden water damage.
- High humidity or condensation: If your home feels consistently damp or you notice excessive condensation on windows, it could be a sign of water damage or high humidity levels.
- Visible mold growth: Mold often grows in areas with high moisture levels, so if you see mold growing on surfaces or in corners, it could be a sign of water damage.
Contact Us 24/7 for Water Damage Restoration in Rock Hill, SC
Make sure you contact RestorationMaster if you discover water damage in your home or business in Rock Hill, SC. Our technicians provide quality water damage mitigation using the best equipment and techniques of the industry.
You can reach us 24 hours a day at (980) 888-8456 for water damage emergencies.
Related Water Damage Restoration Services:
- Water Removal Rock Hill, SC
- Water Damage Restoration Charlotte, NC
- Water Extraction Fort Mills and Indian Land, SC
- Water Removal Services Newport, SC
- Water Extraction Services India Hook, SC
- Water Removal Services Spring Valley, SC
- Water Damage Restoration Pineville, NC
- Water Removal Specialists Riverview, SC