RestorationMaster is a trusted name in Magnolia, TX, when it comes to hoarding cleanup. This is because we have a customized approach that allows us to get to know affected individuals, and establish trust before beginning our services. Our highly trained technicians understand the intense psychological factors that affect those struggling with hoarding tendencies, which is why we always work with respect and patience.
Risks Involved with Excessive Hoarding
There are a number of things that can go wrong within the homes of individuals affected by compulsive hoarding disorder. This is because these individuals can experience severe anxiety when faced with throwing anything away, which leads to the buildup of unneeded items.
Several common dangers of excessive hoarding can be viewed below:
- Hoarded items create a number of fire hazards throughout the home (if a fire does occur, it will be more intense because the clutter acts as additional fuel)
- Bacteria and/or mold can begin to grow, which both result in severe health complications for people exposed on a regular basis
- Items that are stacked high can fall onto residents, or trap them for a lengthy period of time
- Allergens (e.g. dust, pollen, etc.) will build-up, which can cause progressively worse allergies over time
- Perhaps worst of all, avenues of escape will be blocked during emergencies
Because of the effects of compulsive hoarding disorder, it is often up to trusted family members and friends to approach hoarders. This can be difficult, but it can be necessary to potentially save their life.
Our Approach to Hoarding Cleaning
At RestorationMaster, we approach hoarding cases in a unique way. This is simply because we understand the needs of those affected by hoarding tendencies. As such, we will always begin by establishing trust.
Once a relationship has been made, we will continue with our sanitization services outlined below:
- Locate valuable items along the way for safekeeping (e.g. keepsakes, money, jewelry, etc.)
- Take into account the input of the affected individual when determining what to throw away, recycle, donate, or keep
- Provide assistance with paperwork from government agencies, lawyers, trusts, etc.
- Make use of our professional-grade disaster restoration and cleaning equipment and methodologies to fully sanitize and restore your property
- Develop a custom cleaning plan for the individual to follow once we leave
- Call periodically to check in on their progress
RestorationMaster has assisted a variety of property owners in the Magnolia, TX, community for a number of years, and we look forward to working with you, too.
If you or anybody you know is in need of hoarding cleanup services, please do not hesitate to give us a call at (281) 213-5553. Our representatives are happy to answer any questions you may have, and schedule an appointment.