Fire Damage Related Info
A fire is always a threat to a home or building. After ensuring that everyone has been safely evacuated, it is important to get the restoration process started. The soot from the smoke and corrosive byproducts from burnt synthetic materials will continue to settle long after the fire is extinguished. This can cause additional damage that can quickly become permanent.
ServiceMaster EMT provides fire damage restoration services to help rebuild and restore homes and businesses in Kingman, AZ. We have the equipment and experience to effectively restore fire and smoke damage. We also respond quickly to prevent the damage from spreading and becoming permanent.
Damaging Effects of Fire and Smoke
Once the fire is extinguished, the threat to your safety may be over, however, the smoke and soot damage continues to spread. Soot from the smoke and chemical emissions can spread well beyond the areas affected by the fire to cause corrosion and tarnishing. Our technicians will immediately secure your home or building with tarping services to prevent further structural damage.
ServiceMaster EMT will also restore damage from the corrosive byproducts before it becomes permanent. Our cleaning products and equipment are the best of the industry, allowing us to restore your home or building to its original condition.
If your personal belongings are heavily affected by the fire or smoke, our technicians at will clean and restore them with our pack-out services. We will safely pack each of your damaged items and record them on an inventory list before taking them to our climate-controlled facility. Here we can effectively clean, restore, and deodorize your content and keep them stored safely until your home is restored.
What to Do in Case of a Fire – Check Out this Video
For emergency fire damage restoration services in Kingman, AZ, contact ServiceMaster EMT at (702) 786-1999.
Fire Damage Repair
Smoke is often the cause of the most damage in a fire because it can spread well beyond the flames to affect various surfaces and furnishings. It can be absorbed in wood, drywall, paint, and other porous building materials. Some materials also produce a smoke residue when burned that can be corrosive.
ServiceMaster EMT will use the right chemical combinations and cleaning products to remove soot and residue from all household surfaces. The smoke damage restoration technicians will also remove any lingering odors left from the smoke.
Fire Restoration – What to Do
- Within three days, soot and other corrosive byproducts will cause etching and tarnishing to the building materials. Be sure to call us right away for professional help.
- If the temperature exceeds 60 degrees, air out the house as much as possible to remove any standing smoke odors.
- Clean materials that include Formica, chrome, aluminum, and porcelain to prevent further damage.
- Change the air filter on the furnace system immediately if it is currently using hot air.
- Cover returns and supply registers with damp cheesecloth to trap any loose soot in the air.
- Dispose of any open food containers
- As long as the electricity remains off, remove anything from the refrigerator while leaving the door open.
- Deliver any damaged clothing from the soot and smoke to the dry cleaner for the best restoration cleaning.
Fire Damage Restoration – What NOT to Do
- Avoid touching anything with bare hands as their oil can further damage any upholstery, walls, and other woodwork.
- Do not attempt to wash the walls as improper procedures could rub in the soot and cause further damage.
- Do not try to restore any carpets or damaged furniture.
- Do not use any electrical appliances until having them checked by the fire damage professionals.
- Do not use any ceiling fixtures if any part of the ceiling is still wet from the hose.
If you experience a fire in your home or office in Kingman, AZ, do not hesitate to contact us immediately after the fire is extinguished for fire and smoke damage restoration services. Any hesitation could result in widespread or permanent damage that could leave the furnishings and structural elements in your home unsalvageable.
You can reach us 24 hours a day at (702) 786-1999 for fire damage emergencies in Kingman, AZ and the surrounding areas.