The spores that cause mold are a constant presence in the natural environment. But they can form into mold growth at any time when met with certain conditions. When combining moisture or humidity with an organic food source, mold can appear quickly and disperse its spores.
ServiceMaster EMT provides mold remediation services in Kingman, AZ to remove mold from homes and businesses. We have the experience and the right cleaning products to effectively remove mold growth while keeping it contained to the contaminated area.
Water Damage to Mold Growth
Mold growth occurs most often as a result of water damage. But if given enough time, it can cause irreversible damage to the surfaces on which it is growing. Water damage can occur in hidden areas including behind walls and ceilings, resulting in hidden mold growth that is difficult to detect. Property damage is not the only threat from mold. Prolonged exposure can lead to serious health effects such as allergic reactions and respiratory issues, especially among pets, children, and the elderly. However, ServiceMaster EMT offers a solution with mold removal services.
Any mold located in a home or building can cause one or more of the following:
- Grow in hidden areas
- Produce a strong, musty odor
- Cause permanent damage within the porous surfaces in which it grows
- Cause health issues to those with allergies or respiratory problems
Mold Prevention – Check Out this Video:
For professional mold remediation in the Kingman, AZ area, contact ServiceMaster EMT at (702) 786-1999.
Discovering Mold – What to Do:
- Call ServiceMaster EMT in order to limit the spread of damage and eliminate the mold at its sources.
- Dry off any wet items that do not have direct contact with the mold. Fix any water leaks.
- Air out the home by opening all windows and doors if the weather permits.
- Wear protection equipment including gloves, mask, and eye wear.
- Limit the humidity levels by running the A/C system and/or dehumidifier.
- Check the HVAC system of your home.
Mold Damage Restoration – What NOT to Do:
- Do not try to remove the mold yourself.
- Do not use bleach or any other household chemicals to clean the mold as it will only disperse its spores as a defense mechanism.
- Do not use any paint or caulk on moldy surfaces.
- Do not touch any moldy surfaces as they could also release their spores and cause negative health effects.
Cleaning mold must be done by a certified professional with the right cleaning products. If performed with an all-purpose cleaner, it will cause the mold to release its spores and spread the growth even further. The mold damage restoration technicians of ServiceMaster EMT will remove mold from commercial and residential settings using effective cleaning products. We locate and remove hidden mold as well as repair the damaged structures and surfaces. If the mold growth has caused excess water or moisture, we locate and eliminate the moisture at its source to prevent future mold growth.
Mold growth is a serious threat not only to your property, but to your health. That is why it is best to have a trained professional contain and remove mold growth. Contact ServiceMaster EMT as soon as you notice mold growth in your home or office.
Get a Free Estimate
We are available 24 hours a day at (702) 786-1999 for mold removal services in Kingman, AZ, as well as the surrounding communities.