Mold can cause a range of problems in a home or building from extensive structural damage and discoloration to health issues that arise from exposure such as allergies and respiratory infection. You must call a certified professional to have the mold removed because attempting to remove mold without the proper training can cause it to spread even further and greatly increase the risk for adverse health reactions. RestorationMaster provides mold removal services in Fresno, CA to completely eliminate mold in homes and buildings. Our technicians have the proper equipment to remove mold effectively and keep it contained so that it does not spread any further in your home.
Causes of Mold
Moisture is a common trigger for mold growth which is why mold is much more likely to appear as the result of water damage. Mold needs an organic food source such as wood or drywall in addition to a moisture source to thrive and it is common for it to appear in dark or hidden areas of a home. Once it appears, mold will not stop spreading as it releases its spores that travel to other areas of the house and attach to new surfaces. The following are important facts to remember about mold:
- Mold growth is much more likely to appear within 48 hours of sustaining water damage.
- Floods, leaks, humidity, and overflow can provide the moisture needed for mold to form.
- Mold commonly attaches itself to surfaces with cellulose such as wood and drywall which it uses as a food source.
Mold prevention is the most effective action you can take against mold because once it starts growing, it is very difficult to remove without the right training and equipment. You can help prevent mold from growing in your home with these tips:
- Make sure the humidity in your home is between 30 and 50 percent. You can use a humidity meter to measure the level.
- Wipe off condensation from all surfaces
- Ventilate your kitchen and bathroom
- Use a dehumidifier or run the air conditioning to help lower the humidity in your home
- Make sure you do the necessary repairs in areas of your home that get excess condensation
- Use materials and cleaning products that are mold resistant
Mold Removal from RestorationMaster
The technicians of RestorationMaster have been highly trained and certified to handle any mold remediation situation using the best cleaning products and equipment available. We make sure to isolate the contamination as we work to prevent the mold from spreading to more areas of your home. You should never hesitate to have any mold removed because it can eventually destroy the surfaces it grows on and leave musty odors. Deodorization is included with our mold removal services and we will also take the right measures to prevent the mold from returning.
The instant you find mold growing in your home or building in Fresno, CA, you must contact RestorationMaster immediately for mold removal services. Our technicians have the proper training and equipment to safely remove mold and keep the rest of the building protected. Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day at 888-915-8868 to respond with mold remediation services in Fresno, CA.