A common source of major water damage within homes and buildings is burst pipes. A pipe can burst for several reasons including improper fittings, wear and tear, damage, and freezing. When a pipe bursts, it can quickly spill hundreds of gallons of water into the property and flood the immediate area. If the water from the pipe burst is not cleaned up quickly, it can lead to major water damage.
At RestorationMaster, we provide burst pipe damage restoration to clean up water damage from a frozen or burst pipe in Willow Grove, Southampton, and the surrounding areas. Our technicians use advanced equipment to remove the water that spilled out from the pipe as well as dry and restore the damaged areas. Pipe bursts usually involve a lot of water which makes it important to call our professional as soon as it happens.
Frozen Pipe Damage
A burst pipe can happen within homes and commercial buildings at any time. Worn-out, ill-fitting, and broken pipes are likely to burst, but burst pipes are most commonly caused by freezing. When the outside temperatures drop below freezing, the water within the pipes can freeze. Ice within the pipes blocks the flow of water which builds pressure, and it also expands as more water becomes frozen within the pipe. The pressure caused by the expanding ice and building water pressure eventually causes the pipe to burst.
Pipes are most likely to freeze in outside walls, uninsulated areas like attics and crawlspaces, and under kitchen and bathroom sinks where the home’s heat does not reach.
You can prevent your pipes from freezing during the winter with these tips:
- When the temperature is below freezing, turn the faucets on to a trickle. The slowly moving water prevents freezing within the pipes.
- Keep cabinet doors beneath kitchen and bathroom sinks open so the heat can reach the pipes.
- Use pipe insulation or electrical tape to insulate pipes in vulnerable areas.
- Shut off the outdoor water supply.
Burst Pipe Damage Restoration
Regardless of what causes the pipe to burst, it can spill out hundreds of gallons of water which can lead to major damage. The water from the burst pipes will quickly spread throughout the property and get absorbed into porous furnishings and building materials. Affected materials can become stained or warped and if materials like wood and drywall absorb too much water, severe structural damage may occur. The water from the pipe also creates the conditions for mold growth to form.
If a pipe bursts in your home or building, the first thing you need to do is shut off the main water valve to stop the flow of the water. Then call our professionals to clean up the water damage. We can remove the water from your property using advanced water extraction equipment and we will ensure that the affected areas are dried and restored.
We take the following steps for burst pipe water damage cleanup:
- Evaluation of the damage and spread of the water
- Water extraction
- Drying and dehumidification to dry affected materials
- Removal of materials that have been permanently damaged
- Mold remediation if necessary
- Cleaning and restoration
- Repair of the damage
Call us for Burst Pipe Damage Restoration in South
Burst pipes can cause immense water damage because of the amount of water that is spilled into your property. Make sure you call our professionals immediately after a pipe burst so we can remove the water and dry and restore the affected areas.
You can call RestorationMaster 24 hours a day at (267) 961-7065 for burst pipe damage cleanup in South Grove, Southampton, PA, and the surrounding areas.
- Flooded Basement Cleanup in Levittown, PA
- Water Damage/Sewage Damage Cleanup in Buckingham and Doylestown, PA
- Water Damage/Sewage Damage Cleanup in Levittown, PA
- Water Damage Restoration in Newtown and Yardley, PA
- Water Damage Restoration in Warminster, PA
- Water Damage Restoration in Bristol and Croydon, PA
Water Damage Tips