Serious accidents and violent crimes are unfortunate occurrences in the U.S. and the scenes of these tragedies can be very dangerous for those who encounter them. The likelihood of such an event happening on your property may be low, but if it does happen, you are responsible for taking action. It is common to find biohazard materials at trauma scenes which is why you must stay clear of the scene and call emergency responders right away. You will also need to contact a licensed restoration professional because law enforcement will not clean up biohazard materials. ServiceMaster of the Shore Area provides biohazard and trauma scene cleaning services in Ocean City and Egg Harbor Township, NJ to remove biohazard materials and thoroughly disinfect the affected areas. Our technicians follow proper protocol to complete the job safely and we are also considerate of those who are grieving the loss of a loved one.
Trauma and Crime Scene Cleaning
If you encounter a scene that contains any type of biohazard materials, you must be careful to keep your distance. The scene of an accident or violent crime typically contains potentially infectious materials like blood and bodily fluids that harbor viruses and bacteria. Any mishandling or improper cleaning of these materials greatly increases the risk of spreading disease or infection. Law enforcement officials are not qualified to clean up these materials and if they are on your property, it is your responsibility to call a professional like ServiceMaster of the Shore Area.
Our technicians are trained and licensed to clean up all types of biohazard materials using the proper safety equipment and protocol. Our powerful cleaning products and disinfectants will remove all traces of the materials to eliminate the risk of serious health reactions. We can also cooperate with law enforcement officials who are investigating the scene.
Our biohazard cleaning services consist of the following steps:
- Decontamination: We will make sure every trace of the biohazard materials is removed and we will disinfect the scene to avoid negative health effects.
- Proper Disposal: All biohazard materials are safely transported to a medical waste facility for proper disposal.
- Deodorization: We can remove strong, lingering odors with our deodorization process.
- Continuous Monitoring: Our technicians work diligently and discreetly to get the scene restored to its natural state as soon as possible.
- Family Assistance and Support: We understand that these situations are very difficult if a loved one has been lost and we take a compassionate approach in respect of those who are grieving. If someone needs further support, we can refer them to counseling professionals.
- Certified Technicians: You can trust our technicians to be properly licensed and equipped and work within the regulations of the local and state government.
The first thing you must do any time you discover the scene of an emergency is call 911 for emergency response. If there are biohazard materials on your property, you must contact ServiceMaster of the Shore Area to safely remove the materials and disinfect the scene. We are available 24 hours a day at (609) 445-2035 to provide emergency biohazard cleaning services in Ocean City and Egg Harbor Township, NJ.