Homes and commercial buildings are no strangers to water damage. Such damage can occur due to many different causes and it will easily worsen if not addressed in a timely manner. Excess water and moisture will continue to spread and be absorbed by porous building materials, allowing the water damage problem to become more serious. Water damage often leads to mold growth, structural damage, and other issues as it spreads throughout a property.
Helping water-damaged homes and buildings in Laughlin, NV, ServiceMaster EMT provides water damage cleanup services. We will extract the excess water and moisture in your property and restore the building materials and furnishings that have been damaged.
Call (702) 786-1999 for the professional water damage restoration services that ServiceMaster EMT provides in Laughlin, NV.
Water Damage Repair Process
ServiceMaster EMT employs well-trained technicians equipped with the industry’s best cleaning equipment and products, allowing them to conduct water damage cleanup for homes and businesses in an effective manner. We are committed to providing efficient services that will let you return to your property quickly.
We include the following within our complete water damage cleanup services:
- Complete water damage restoration
- Dehumidification, drying, and water/moisture extraction
- Building cleaning
- Contents cleaning
- Upholstery, rug, and carpet cleaning
- Furniture restoration
- Air duct cleaning
- Document drying and recovery
- Electronic equipment restoration
- Fine arts and antiques restoration
- Mold removal
- Biohazard cleaning
Reacting to Water Damage
Immediate action is the best thing when dealing with water damage, because it will prevent the damage from worsening. When water damage goes unattended, it becomes a bigger problem, because the water and moisture continue to spread via porous building materials. Additionally, water damage provides the perfect conditions for mold growth.
Exposure to water can weaken insulation, wood, drywall, and other porous materials. In turn, this damages their structure in addition to providing the perfect conditions for mold growth. For mold to grow, it needs water and an organic food source, which is found in building materials. Because of this, mold growth worsens any structural damage but can also cause allergies, respiratory issues, and other health issues.
It is not until mold and water have been removed that the damage will cease. Knowing this, it is important that you address any water damage immediately, limiting the chance for any mold growth development.
Water Damage Repair – Check Out this Video:
For emergency water damage repair services in Laughlin, NV, contact ServiceMaster EMT at (702) 786-1999.
Flood Cleanup Steps to Take at Home:
- Contact the professionals at ServiceMaster EMT immediately to contain the damage.
- Eliminate excess water by blotting it dry and mopping it up.
- Remove only temporary floor coverings, not any permanent flooring.
- Get a coat hanger and place the bottom of drapes through it. Keep them off the floor by then hanging the hanger up on the drapery rod.
- Wipe wet furniture down and prop up cushions to dry let them dry.
- Take your photos, important documents, and other delicate objects to be stored in a dry, safe place.
- Pack damaged books tightly together on a shelf so they won’t warp until we can treat them.
- Speed up the drying process by opening all cabinet and closet doors.
Avoid Doing the Following When Dealing with Water Damage:
- Unless the power has been turned off, do not go into a room that has standing water in it.
- Do not extract excess water using a regular vacuum cleaner.
- Unless a professional is helping you, do not try removing any permanent carpeting and flooring.
- If you are standing on a wet floor, do not use electrical appliances.
- Do not disturb any cases of mold growth.
Residential and commercial properties located in Laughlin, NV, and the neighboring areas are susceptible to flooding, because flash flooding is common in the area, where the desert climate and terrain provide the proper conditions for flash flooding. The heat from the sun hardens the clay soil, which makes the soil unable to absorb rainwater. As a result, flash flooding happens quickly, so Laughlin, NV, residents need to be prepared for such an event.
If you come across water damage in your residential or commercial property, then you need to contact ServiceMaster EMT right away for the water damage cleanup services we provide in Laughlin, NV. Our professionals will extract the excess water and moisture in your home or business and will conduct repairs on any damage.
ServiceMaster EMT can be reached at (702) 786-1999 on a 24/7 basis for water damage emergencies in Laughlin, NV.