Many homes and buildings have had mold issues because mold growth can be triggered by the presence of moisture. Mold growth on your property is an urgent situation because mold can damage your property, affect the indoor air quality, and cause allergic reactions or infections in those who are exposed.
Mold colonies use the affected surface materials as a food source which will eventually cause deep enough damage to threaten the structural integrity of the building. You must react to any sight of mold quickly to remove it before it causes significant damage or negative health effects.
RestorationMaster provides mold remediation services in Hickory Hills, IL to remove mold growth from homes and commercial buildings. Our technicians will clean up or remove mold effectively and restore the affected areas as well as the indoor air quality. After the remediation is complete, we have a third party do a clearance test to ensure that the mold has been effectively removed. We offer a mold testing guarantee in which we will provide further remediation if your property does not pass the mold test.
There are many reasons why the presence of mold, even a minor amount of mold, is dangerous on your property. Mold is not always visible as it appears anywhere within a building that has the right conditions. This means that mold could be in your attic, basement, or within the walls for a while before it is noticed. The affected surfaces first experience discoloration and minor damage from the mold, but the mold colonies will eventually devour enough of the affected surfaces to leave them unsalvageable.
Mold will also spread to new areas by dispersing its spores. You should never try to remove large amounts of mold yourself and instead call RestorationMaster for mold remediation from IICRC certified professionals.
While the property damage from mold can be extensive, the biggest reason to remove mold immediately from your property is the effect it can have on your health. Young children, pets, and elderly individuals are the most susceptible to health effects from mold. Those who suffer from chronic allergies and conditions are also likely to be affected by the presence of mold. The mycotoxins in mold can trigger a range of health issues including:
- Coughing and cold-like symptoms
- Trouble breathing
- Allergic reactions
- Irritation of the eyes, nose, or throat
- Nasal congestion
- Skin irritation
- Respiratory infections
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
Our technicians at RestorationMaster will begin the mold remediation with an evaluation of the mold growth and the resulting damage. We will then form a remediation plan and discuss the possibility of filing an insurance claim with you. If you file a claim, we will bill your insurance carrier directly to pay off the claim. Our technicians are highly trained and they have each passed a background check which means they can be trusted to provide quality services.
The following are the main steps of our mold remediation process:
- Inspection: We will start by inspecting the affected areas to determine the scope of the damage and source of the moisture. After correcting the moisture issue, we will form a remediation plan to remove the mold growth.
- Containment: Mold colonies disperse their spores when disturbed which will spread the growth to new areas of your property. We will contain the damaged areas to prevent the mold growth from spreading.
- Filtration: It is important to remove the mold spores from the air or the mold colonies will return. We use HEPA filtration machines to remove mold spores from the air which reduces the risk of further mold growth and health issues.
- Removal: Mold becomes deeply ingrained in the materials it affects which is why most mold damaged materials are removed from the property. Covering up mold growth or attempting to remove it with bleach is ineffective and therefore not recommended. We will safely remove mold damaged materials that cannot be saved and dispose of them properly. We always start and end the mold remediation process with HEPA vacuuming and apply EPA registered anti-microbials and stain removers to treat affected surfaces.
- Drying: We will dry the damaged areas to prevent mold growth and discuss the best moisture management strategies with you.
- Final Inspection/ Testing: Our technicians will inspect your property after the remediation is complete to make sure we didn’t miss anything. A final clearance test will then be done by a third party to test the level of mold spores in the air. This will help ensure that all mold has been removed and that the property is safe.
If there is mold on your property in Hickory Hills, IL, make sure you call the experts of RestorationMaster for professional mold remediation. Our technicians will quickly inspect the damage and remove the mold effectively without allowing it to spread to new areas of your property.
We will also help keep out of pocket costs low with our price match guarantee that applies to non-covered claims. We will match or beat estimates from other professionals that adhere to the IICRC’s standard of care.
Contact Us for Mold Removal in Hickory Hills, IL
You can call us 24 hours a day at (708) 571-2250 for more about our mold remediation services. We are available 24/7.
Related Mold Damage Restoration Services:
Mold Remediation in Oak Lawn, IL
Mold Removal in Orland Park, IL
Mold Damage Repair in Downers Grove, IL
Mold Remediation in Tinley Park, IL
Mold Removal in Berwyn, IL
Mold Remediation in Cicero, IL
Mold Removal Services Darien, IL
Mold Mitigation Burr Ridge, IL
Mold Damage Restoration Bridgeview, IL
Mold Removal Professionals Oak Brook, IL
Mold Removal Contractors Burbank, IL
Mold Removal Oak Lawn, IL
Mold Removal Services Lombard, IL
Mold Removal Contractors Elmhurst, IL