Most homes and buildings will be affected by water damage at some point because of the many things that can cause it. Anything that causes excess water or moisture in the home, including leaks, appliance problems, plumbing issues, rain, and natural flooding, can lead to major water damage. All water damage needs to be addressed immediately, no matter its extent, because water easily spreads through the flooring, furnishings, and porous building materials like wood and drywall. It is possible for water damage to cause major structural damage and create the right conditions for mold growth to appear.
RestorationMaster provides water damage restoration services in Chantilly, VA to help homes and businesses affected by excess water and flooding. Our technicians are IICRC certified and equipped to deal with any level of water damage within a home from damage caused by a leak to major flooding.
Damage from Water and Flooding
Any amount of excess water or moisture within a property can eventually cause widespread, significant damage. This is because water spreads through porous materials like flooring, carpeting, furnishings, wood, drywall, and more. Materials that take on the water may experience discoloration, buckling, and warping and when structural elements like drywall and wood take on too much water, their structural integrity could be threatened. This is why it is important to react quickly to any water damage as even water from a small leak can spread through the surrounding materials and cause significant damage.
Mold is another major issue that can occur due to water damage because mold growth thrives when there is a source of water or moisture. Areas affected by water damage are vulnerable to mold growth within 24-48 hours of the damage occurring. The appearance of mold growth will not only add to the damage but also create hazardous conditions as exposure to mold can be detrimental to your health.
If you experience water damage on your property, taking the following steps right away will help limit your losses:
- Turn off the water main
- Turn off the electricity
- Move items at risk of damage out of the affected areas
- Call your insurance provider to report the damage
Affected By Water Damage? Watch Our Video:
Professional Water Damage Restoration
Our trained and certified technicians will immediately contain the spread of the water and assess the damage to start the restoration process. We are equipped to remove the water and dry the affected areas and we will also restore the damaged areas to their original condition.
Our water damage restoration services include the following:
- Water removal: We provide fast water extraction using advanced equipment.
- Drying and dehumidification: Our dehumidification equipment will effectively dry wet areas and materials which helps prevent further damage and mold growth.
- Content pack-out and storage: If you have personal items that were damaged by the water, we can pack-out these items and take them to our secured facility for restoration and storage.
- Repair and renovation: We can provide full-scale reconstruction, repairs, and remodeling to restore the damage to your property.
Call RestorationMaster for Water Damage Restoration
When water damage occurs in your home or building, you need to call the experts to repair the damage fast. You can count on RestorationMaster to remove the water from your property as well as dry and restore the damaged areas.
You can reach RestorationMaster at 703-782-5667 for water damage restoration services in Chantilly, VA.
Related Water Damage Restoration Services
- Water Damage Restoration in Annapolis, MD
- Water Restoration in Ellicott City, MD
- Water Damage Removal in Towson, MD
- Water Damage Restoration in Baltimore, MD